Freeze/Lock Ups

zamdrang

Reaction score
Ive had my D2G since saturday (2 days) It continually freezes and becomes unresponsive. Typically its when changing between the browser and text messaging....but thats just what ive mostly used to date. The only response I can get is the power button and it simplys turns the screen off and comes back on in locked mode...which has sometimes fixed the issue. Twice ive had to pull the battery.

Last night I just got disgusted and walked away.. and over time...how long I dont know...it started responding on its own.

Also my keyboard lights and the hard icon lights continue to blink off and on with no rhyme or reason.

This is my first smart phone, the only apps ive installed (and uninstalled) are a couple of free games.

Return? Wait for an update? Factory reset? Any suggestions would be appreciated... cool forum :)

joseserna08

Reaction score
You could factory reset, i'd just take it to the store. Let them mess with it, if they can't find out what's wrong, they'll replace it. Did that with my wife's d1. It wouldn't recognize the charger, took it to the store, it didn't act up at the store, they just exchanged it anyway.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Z

zamdrang

Reaction score
Does a factory reset mean having to reactivate the phone with verizon?

joseserna08

Reaction score
No you'll just have to set up your google account again. Back up any thing you don't wanna lose to your sd card or computer. Back up your apps before you do so you don't have to manually redownload. I use titanium but you have to be rooted. Astro also does it. Also if you have text messages you don't wanna lose, download a message backup app from market before. Hope this helps, if not, go into the store.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Z

zamdrang

Reaction score
I havent had it long enough to download much, and nothing I mind losing. Thanks a lot, Ill give it a try.

OP
Z

zamdrang

Reaction score
I took it back to the store, and they did a factory reset. The keyboard lights still go on and off at random, but the lock ups seem to have gotten better. One or two here and there but not like before.

I love the phone, but for me keyboard lights are important and for the money paid completely unacceptable

They ordered me a replacement phone ( didnt have the color I wanted in stock)

If the next one does the same I think ill return it and go with an Incredible.