Freeze Bloatware

Reaction score
I need a free app that will freeze/unfreeze stock vzw apps. I have root. I want to freeze all vzw apps because I'm on the cricket network and have no use for them plus they keep starting in the background and draining my battery. Is there an app that does this for free? Or can someone give me the working apk of a paid one?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need a free app that will freeze/unfreeze stock vzw apps. I have root. I want to freeze all vzw apps because I'm on the cricket network and have no use for them plus they keep starting in the background and draining my battery. Is there an app that does this for free? Or can someone give me the working apk of a paid one?

Lets start with not discussing receiving paid apps for free.

Titanium Backup will freeze apps.

OP
H
Reaction score
The free version will not let me freeze them. I need a free app that can

OP
H
Reaction score
I know its worth it. I just don't have the money I'm tight on cash and need a temp. App that does it

Qball32

Reaction score
AntTec App manager

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Well next time you decide go to (insert fast food place here), tell yourself you need titanium backup pro (lol) and skip out on the fast food.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Well next time you decide go to (insert fast food place here), tell yourself you need titanium backup pro (lol) and skip out on the fast food.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Lmfao. Awesome

Sent from my DROID3

CamoMike

Reaction score

Big D

Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest that Bloat Freezer.

The dev disappeared a while back and screwed a bunch of people. There's a reason why it's not in the market anymore. AnTec app manager is the way to go.

CamoMike

Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest that Bloat Freezer.

The dev disappeared a while back and screwed a bunch of people. There's a reason why it's not in the market anymore. AnTec app manager is the way to go.

Thanks Big D. As I am new here I appreciate the insight. I don't want to mislead anyone having issues, especially the same I have had and fixed.

AntTek App Manager for Android

Camo

pistacio

Reaction score
You could also use a root file explorer and do it manually (rename apps to .bak instead of .apk). File expert and Super manager are two I can think of off-hand. Stock apps are located in system/apps folder.

Sent From:

[ ] Droid 1 A855
[x] Droid 3 XT862
[ ] Xoom WIFI

olorolo

Reaction score
Your rom should have a file explorer on it or just get one from playstore there's plenty free ones

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk