1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

free50mb script question?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by solorca, Apr 6, 2010.

1. solorca

solorca New Member

I see these as scripts that can be run on BB, but I haven't really seen anything that explains what the purpose of these are. I know that it sets the system so that it keeps 50, 75, or 100 mb of RAM free, but I am wondering what the purpose of this is? Also, what is the native setting?

Does it help the battery life, or is it just for peace of mind. Is this something that should/could be used in place of an auto-task killer, or would these two things be completely different?

Sorry for the noob question, but this is something I'm not terrible familiar with.
  2. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

I see no performance gain, battery life gain or any other gain by using any of the "freeXmb" scripts. Not sure what the point of them is either...
  3. triptych

triptych New Member

Perhaps pete would kindly chime in on this one...
    If he's caught up with his schoolwork!
    I feel ya buddy I'm in the same boat : /
Search tags for this page

free50mb on android