Free Video Converter

mike93364

Reaction score
I've been using a free audio/video program from www.dvdvideosoft.com for several years. This morning I happened to download the latest version, 5.0, and discovered they added mobile device support for devices other than Apple.
I'm currently in the process of converting some videos and can't report on how well the new version works with my Droid, but I'd thought I would post the update.
The software (FreeStudio) is quite easy to use but not the fastest converter, but does give good results. You can download the entire studio program or just the individual program.

Enjoy

Mike

OP
mike93364

mike93364

Reaction score
Ralph,

So far it works like a charm. I used the "economy" mode with some large .avi movies. The size was reduced by almost one half, the timing was correct and the quality on the phone was great. It has taken a bit over one hour to convert each movie which are each around two hours long. I think the video conversion speed has always been an issue with me with this software, but it is free and I'm on my 3 year old laptop.

Mike

author

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Mike ... Yes, converting/rendering videos is always kinda lengthy.

But I'm downloading this program -- sounds like a handy one to have.

--Ralph

berbely

Reaction score
I hope there are any reviews about this one. So, any sources?
Tks!

OP
mike93364

mike93364

Reaction score
I'm not sure about outside reviews, check on cnet.com

The newest version seems to be a mix of some new modules and several from the previous version. There is also a rather annoying popup when you close a module about installing a toolbar, which I keep refusing.

But in spite of all of that it has given me some impressive results, even on the economy setting.

Mike

D

DerrenBrown

Many many thanks for sharing Free Video Converter's information. Really this site is very nice.

Thanks a lot,
Derren