Free version of weather widget (with clock)

S

spacemanps

Okay so as the title said... im looking for a good weather widget.. i have the free version of the weather widget (which doesnt have the flipping thing with the time) and i would like to get something like the paid version which has the time and the weather.. any one know of any? and i dont want to pay for it either... havent hit the point of paying for apps just yet..

backlash

Reaction score
I have not seen one that has both features, in ONE widget, that's free. Closest I got was using the weather widget free, and using home++ since it had a flip clock, and you were able to hide the status bar at the top. So I had the time, and the weather widget right next to each other.

Now I'm using stock home, and have the smallest weather widget in the upper right hand corner, right next to the clock. Works well enough for me, well enough to stop me from paying for an app. I know it's only a few bucks for the real thing, but meh.

cuskit

Reaction score
I have not seen one that has both features, in ONE widget, that's free. Closest I got was using the weather widget free, and using home++ since it had a flip clock, and you were able to hide the status bar at the top. So I had the time, and the weather widget right next to each other.

Now I'm using stock home, and have the smallest weather widget in the upper right hand corner, right next to the clock. Works well enough for me, well enough to stop me from paying for an app. I know it's only a few bucks for the real thing, but meh.
Ditto!

Of course, I wouldn't mind a couple of bucks - but multiply that by the 80 or so apps I want that cost only a "couple of bucks" and you can see where that goes! But the flipping thing is just so cool! Sigh.. cuskit

OP
S

spacemanps

i dont know how a free version of this hasnt been developed in one program..

arty2hottie

Reaction score
There was an app I downloaded when I first got my droid that let you put the phone in car dock mode, home dock mode or alarm clock mode. When you put it in home dock mode it look just like it does when you put the phone in the craddle where it shows the time, weather etc. I just cant remember what it is called and I uninstalled it because I didnt use it. I think its under clocks in the app store.

skiahh

Reaction score
The free weather widget disappears from my phone about every month or so. It just goes to a question mark and I have to delete and reinstall. I'm not impressed and am going to go looking for another option.

butch350

Reaction score
Okay so as the title said... im looking for a good weather widget.. i have the free version of the weather widget (which doesnt have the flipping thing with the time) and i would like to get something like the paid version which has the time and the weather.. any one know of any? and i dont want to pay for it either... havent hit the point of paying for apps just yet..

Spent $$$$$$$$$$$ for a droid but not 1.99 for Weather Bug Elite with
all the weather info u can use. (scratches head in confusion)

jalb07

Reaction score
There was an app I downloaded when I first got my droid that let you put the phone in car dock mode, home dock mode or alarm clock mode. When you put it in home dock mode it look just like it does when you put the phone in the craddle where it shows the time, weather etc. I just cant remember what it is called and I uninstalled it because I didnt use it. I think its under clocks in the app store.

I believe you're talking about an app called DockRunner

loop4zil

Reaction score

Weather Widget Donate or Beautiful Widgets both look excellent...the have skins so you can modify your look...they have other neato feature that enhance your experience. In my opinion both are worth the price.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...eautiful-widgets-weather-widget-donate-3.html

this page gives some decent info on both.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course, I wouldn't mind a couple of bucks - but multiply that by the 80 or so apps I want that cost only a "couple of bucks" and you can see where that goes! But the flipping thing is just so cool! Sigh.. cuskit

Fortunately, lots of people don't feel that way about a dock. :)

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Weather Widgets - Donate + Weather Bug Elite = < 5$ Really, you can't go wrong with something you'll use on a daily basis and get constant updates.

- Mega (who has both)