Free up space?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jpackage82, Dec 17, 2010.

1. jpackage82

jpackage82 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to install metamorph, but it says not enough free space in /system. Is there a way i can free up some space? I am rooted.
  2. jeffe65

jeffe65 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Besides uninstalling apps or moving them to the sdcard (which bungles my phone up), Titanium Backup has an option to "Integrate system apps & updates with ROM". You just click that option and it does the rest; I don't know the downside of it, but it opened up about 15MB for me when I first did it.

The other is to delete dalvik-cache, which can also be done through Titanium. If you do it manually, just go to /data/dalvik-cache and delete that folder, and then reboot immediately or you'll get fc's & errors. It uses dalvik to store info about what's installed, and gets more than it needs after a while, and if you haven't done it you probably have stuff in there you don't need anymore. Search around before you do it to make sure you have a handle on what you're doing, but that's pretty much it. When you delete it, plan on about 2-3 minutes to reboot, as it has to reconstruct that folder with everything you have installed again.
  3. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    in sounds you can move the notifications, ringtones, and alarms to sd card. you can also delete some unwanted apps like google talk and livewallpapers. the live wallpapers tend to take up alot of space.
Search tags for this page
droid x2 integrate sys dalvik
how do i create more space on my droid sd card

how to create space on a motorola droid

how to create space on droid incredible
how to free up space in my /system on my droid x
how to free up space motorolla
how to free up volume space on droid 3
how to make more space on droid x
how to make space on droid incredible

motorola x how to make space