Free texting with DX??

droidx2010

Reaction score
Is there an app out there that would let me send text msgs w/out being charged?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Google Voice

msuperbauer

Reaction score
I use and LIke KI It's like BBM, shows when the messages have been read, very similar to BBM.. and it's free. Just my $.02 Good luck

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I know my plan has unlimited data, but does NOT include texts..... I don't text that much, so I never bought it, but I may start using google voice for the limited number of texts that I do write/receive

smithkjnc

Reaction score
Ah...my bad. I forgot that the unlimited text is part of the plan and not the data package. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
I use and LIke KI It's like BBM, shows when the messages have been read, very similar to BBM.. and it's free. Just my $.02 Good luck
BBM? I'm still a noob to all of this. My phone now is the original chocolate. Im getting the dx tomorrow, or so that's what my tracking shows on fedex.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroid

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Is there an app out there that would let me send text msgs w/out being charged?

Ok, I am confused.

Droid X + Verizon + Unlimited data package = no charge for texts.
Am I missing something???
I guess you are missing something...or I am. I was told I need to pay $5/ month for 250 txt msgs & I think another amount for unlimited. It sucks that you have to pay for the data pkg ($29) & can't have free texting (unless you get a freebee download).

mac16

Reaction score

How does like Ki and pingchat work?

Do you need to have a seperate number like google voice?

Is there a program that will use internet data but route it to your phone, and from your same phone number?