Free tethering after official ota !?

Make MC TW

Reaction score
Free tethering thru internet connection mode after recent official ota mr2 update !(non root )

Can any1 confirm that ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

pogibry

Reaction score
Yeah I was told it would stop on July 7th, which was when the tiered data started. Unless it's changed, don't plan on getting it for free anymore. Due to that, root and get Open Garden Wifi Tether. It rocks and works really well. Or, you can download the .apk for pdanet and get the install program for your computer. I used that (only supports usb connection and supposedly bluetooth, but that blows) and it works nicely.

Divotman

Reaction score
The update just became available on my phone this afternoon but I didn't download it. MHS is still showing as free so I'm going to ride it out for a while. There has been no change to my bill.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
The built-in USB Tether, "Internet connection mode" still works on mine after the update. However, in this thread I made here, two people said they get messages about suscribing when they try to use it.. After the Update.. "Internet Connection Mode"

I checked my bill and it doesnt look like I was charged for the data sessions when I was testing it out, so who knows wtf is going on.

OP
M

Make MC TW

Reaction score
The built-in USB Tether, "Internet connection mode" still works on mine after the update. However, in this thread I made here, two people said they get messages about suscribing when they try to use it.. After the Update.. "Internet Connection Mode"

I checked my bill and it doesnt look like I was charged for the data sessions when I was testing it out, so who knows wtf is going on.

That what I was asking about in the first place !

Is it still functional ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums