free tether

lostinsc

Reaction score
I'm looking for a tether so i can use my phone as a wireless modem on my netbook. What is the best one? I'm using a stock, old Motorols Droid.

x02ssmarox

Reaction score
You can't tether on an OG Droid if you aren't rooted. If you are then download "Wireless Tether" from the android market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well they have ways of getting internet through usb like barnacle and what not on the og droid without being rooted it's tethering just not wireless

On a side note tethering is frowned upon and can get verizon mad just to warn you

stpitcher

Reaction score
I;ve been playing lately with EasyTether. I think the free version doesn't support HTTPS and one or two others. But it seems to work on my DroidX.
- stp

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea i don't think it does but if u like the app u should pay for the https developers do a lot of work a lot of times for nothing. I often try to donate whatever i can and i have multiple paid apps

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
On a side note tethering is frowned upon and can get verizon mad just to warn you
Specifically, it's against VZW's TOS if you aren't paying for a tethering plan. For other carriers, check with the carrier.