FREE Stealth Guard Protectors for EVERYONE!

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Sigh okay so I got mine today. Mixed some soap with water (1 drop of soap + warm water into a water bottle) and put it on. Looks okay but there's a bunch of white little dots everywhere. Will these go away in a day or so? Or does this mean I used too much soap and should try it again?

dbuglio

Reaction score
Mine did, my screen cleared up a ton as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

smisheski

Reaction score
Ordered mine on wednesday and still not here and no confirmation from seller that it was sent. Sure this is not a scam?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
If you just ordered yours on Wednesday, don't expect to get them until at the very earliest October.

That being said, I ended up trashing the face portion and just used the parts for the back of my Droid 2.

Reaction score
Just fill a bowl with lukewarm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Peel the piece off, dip it in the soap water, then lay it on your device. It should slide around for a few seconds before it starts to stick, where you can than squeegee out the rest of the water. For those worried about the wet application, I've applied 4 of these types of skins to my Droid, and probably 5 more to other devices. As long as your device is off when applying, and you don't turn it on again for 12 hours to make sure everything dries (and let the skin set so it looks good), you'll be fine.

I agree with the install process described above. I've done it on numerous Blackberrys, Palms and Droids. One thing I would add, just 'cause I'm anal, after you power off the phone - remove the battery and put it somewhere safe (away from the soapy water) untill everythings dry and you're ready to power on.

Who can keep their phone off for 12 hours ? Not me thats for sure

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I wouldn't take one for free. The screen doesn't scratch. Mine has been naked for a year.

I'm curious what you clean your screen with. I'd just as soon not bother with a screen protector but it did seem easier to keep the fingerprints off when I was using one.

OP
wrightperspective
Reaction score
Well, looks like tomorrow I will order a set from Stealth Guard Protectors for my new Droid X. Personally, I liked the one I had on my D1. I did get one set that wasn't cut properly but they replaced it pretty quickly for me. Even if I end up not using the screen part, I like the protection on the rest of the unit - especially for less than $3.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
I'm not sure why people are saying it's a scam or something like that, although i can understand your worries because i was thinking the same thing.
However, I assure you, it's not a scam. and I've installed 2 of these (took the first one off to try BodyGuardz)... so when I got the 2nd set, I kept the BodyGuardz back protection on and used the Stealth Guard screen protection and it looks really really clear so I'm overall satisfied since the BodyGuardz never got that way for me.... so overall, I'd recommend Stealth Guards to others...

I've been lucky and both of my skins they sent me have been cut correctly, and arrived in a reasonable amount of time

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Anyone know if the water. *has* to have soap in it? If so, why?

dbuglio

Reaction score
Its been a few weeks now with the body kit. Everything still looks great and the corners are not peeling. Screen protector is still unscratched as well.

Bad first impression, great product that does what it says. I will be purchasing a few more and will continue to do so (provided the price stays relativity the same) if I upgrade my handset.

I do enjoy the extra tackiness / slight rubbery feel.

smisheski

Reaction score

No soap necesary. I just dabbed my fingers in water and rubbed it on the sticky side of the shield. It is only needed so it doesn't stick right away so u can adjust it before it dries and mine turned out perfect

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score

No soap necesary. I just dabbed my fingers in water and rubbed it on the sticky side of the shield. It is only needed so it doesn't stick right away so u can adjust it before it dries and mine turned out perfect

Thanks. I think I feel more comfortable about it without the soap; I have a pretty good eye and if water alone will allow for minor adjustment (seems like it should) I'll be good to go. If, as another poster noted, I can find 12 hours when I won't need my Droid!

talbalos

Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't spend full price to be so disappointed.

I took advantage of the the free offer (just pay for shipping) and received my Stealthguard a few weeks ago.

Tonight I had some time and made an attempt to install the screen protection portion. Unfortunately the die cut was not defined enough to make separation of the protector from the surrounding excess material. No amount of flexing would cause separation and finally I decided to try pulling the material apart at the die cut.

The force required only resulted in the deformation and uneven tearing of the screen protector.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I clean my screen usually with whatever shirt I am wearing. Sometimes a towel if one is handy.

It's monster glass - it's exceedingly hard to scratch.

I wouldn't take one for free. The screen doesn't scratch. Mine has been naked for a year.

I'm curious what you clean your screen with. I'd just as soon not bother with a screen protector but it did seem easier to keep the fingerprints off when I was using one.