FREE Stealth Guard Protectors for EVERYONE!

motorhaith

Reaction score
i've looked into these, but from what i've been reading, its not so good...
i've used ghost-armor and they have been so far no problems...
i've used ghost-armor for my droid, incredible and droid x... maybe look into that? just my $.02

OP
wrightperspective
Reaction score
Got my Stealth Guard today and did part of the install on my D1. If you have never installed a skin before, it DOES take patience and precision. This is not for people who just want to slap something on and walk away. I installed the back and front pieces and so far, it looks nice. I will post pics when I get it all installed and the air bubbles dry out. I used a very small drop of baby shampoo with the water and dipped the skin into it and shook it off before applying.

I used to have one on my other D1 but my last D1 had to be swapped so I ordered a new one. I think it is worth the shipping costs if you have the patience for an accurate install.

dbuglio

Reaction score
Sad that what should have been a great promotion was mishandled so badly.

Any official word on the solution I should be using on my sheets of cutout plastic? I almost feel like I paid $3.00 for a template to pre cut that carbon fiber paper that others have done a awesome job attaching to their droids.

Detonation

Reaction score
Sad that what should have been a great promotion was mishandled so badly.

Any official word on the solution I should be using on my sheets of cutout plastic? I almost feel like I paid $3.00 for a template to pre cut that carbon fiber paper that others have done a awesome job attaching to their droids.

Just fill a bowl with lukewarm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Peel the piece off, dip it in the soap water, then lay it on your device. It should slide around for a few seconds before it starts to stick, where you can than squeegee out the rest of the water. For those worried about the wet application, I've applied 4 of these types of skins to my Droid, and probably 5 more to other devices. As long as your device is off when applying, and you don't turn it on again for 12 hours to make sure everything dries (and let the skin set so it looks good), you'll be fine.

I'd much rather pay $3 for a simple cut out in an envelope than $20-30 for extravagant packaging and soapy water.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just fill a bowl with lukewarm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Peel the piece off, dip it in the soap water, then lay it on your device. It should slide around for a few seconds before it starts to stick, where you can than squeegee out the rest of the water. For those worried about the wet application, I've applied 4 of these types of skins to my Droid, and probably 5 more to other devices. As long as your device is off when applying, and you don't turn it on again for 12 hours to make sure everything dries (and let the skin set so it looks good), you'll be fine.

I agree with the install process described above. I've done it on numerous Blackberrys, Palms and Droids. One thing I would add, just 'cause I'm anal, after you power off the phone - remove the battery and put it somewhere safe (away from the soapy water) untill everythings dry and you're ready to power on.

krnmc

Reaction score
Just wondering but can u use the solution tat u get from invisible shield to apply on the stealth guard?

OP
wrightperspective
Reaction score
I got the whole thing installed last week but due to my own fault I am having them send me a new one for the screen. Other than that, though, it looks great! Hopefully I will get the screen portion soon and be fully protected again.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Those who have put the back on: do you put the battery door part on separately? Why is there a cutout for the Motorola logo? What about the camera?
Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dbuglio

Reaction score
I've finally gotten around to applying this body skin. My old screen Steinheil Anti Fingerprint seemed like its anti-print coating gave way and i was starting to wipe the screen clean more and more, so off it came. I dedicated a hour to make sure this skin was applied correctly.

First got a old spray bottle and did my best to flush it (about 5 mins of water, salt water, water, should have taken care of any impurities left over from whatever was in it before).

I took a dot of shampoo and filled the spray bottle, shook it around and did a test on the battery door, seemed to be too much soap so I spilled 1/2 the water out and filled it again with clean water. Looked like it was much better.

I would spray my fingers first, peel film off and give 2 mist squirts onto the film from about 6inches away, making sure the film was wet. Following this actually was a painless learning experience, by the end i was a pro at it.

Did the bottom 1/2 of my droid + the sides and allowed to dry for 30 mins, very little if any bubbles / dust issues. Had to cut a few ends off because they looked like too much overhang, used a sharp razor for it.

Came back and did the 4 ends of my screen next after the bottom had about 30 mins to dry, got real quick at doing this by now. However I was noticing that the ends did not seem to like to stick to the corners (was worried).

Waited another 30ish minutes for the top half of the screen to dry, still noticed the ends not locking themselves down to corners, by now i'm thinking give this body kit a week and every piece will prob have separated by then.

Another 30 mins pass and I get out the hair dryer and set to hot air and low speed, run it along every piece, as i'm doing this I am pushing the ends down. Magically they stick! No more white peeling at the ends (you guys know what I mean) they are sticking to and following the contours of the phone.

Going to wait another 30 mins or so and rehair dry the phone again just for luck. Then after a few more hours I will finish up with the screen protector that I was saving till last. I really like the way this body kit looks and feels(from the little I have touched it after I installed it), I am hoping that this will give me a good 4-5 months of use.

This is going to be a slow weekend for me as far as phone usage goes, figured this was as good of a time as any to install this kit. I really really wish this product came with either a spray bottle with solution or at least some idea how much soap to use vs. how much water. The whole time the ends were not sticking I was 2nd guessing my shampoo / water ratio.

EDIT: I placed the screen protector on using the same method's as above however this time I am seeing some splotchy rainbow effects under the screen protector and I am hoping they will be going away within a day or so. If not I am just going to get a Steinheil Crystal and live this week with the rainbow effect (I keep trying to rub them out).

I'll update in a few days, hopefully the body kit will be solid and stay on.

Last edited:

dbuglio

Reaction score
It's fully dry now, it looks great.

The screen protector took me 3 attempts to get on correctly, I constantly kept it wet every time. After it dried I can see alot of clouding around certain areas of the screen, I'm just going to get a easier to apply DRY screen protector.

I would pay the 3 bucks again to have another droid 1 body kit laying around.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
How long did it take to get yours? It's going on 3 weeks and I still don't have mine. I was expecting for it to take a while but jeez.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
How long did it take to get yours? It's going on 3 weeks and I still don't have mine. I was expecting for it to take a while but jeez.
Never fear...StealthGuards may be cheap on the price, but they make up for it in slow sipping! I ordered mine back on 23 August...I finally received them yesterday the 10th of September.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Ah sounds good. I ordered mine a few days after that so I'll probably get mine mid next week.