FREE Stealth Guard Protectors for EVERYONE!

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by wrightperspective, Aug 16, 2010.

1. wrightperspective

wrightperspective New Member

I got my Stealth Guard Protector a few months back and paid $10 plus shipping for two full body skins - and I prefer them over Zagg and BSE. Now these dudes are giving away one full body skin for any device to everyone (first 2000 orders) for the cost of shipping which is less than $3. It's ridiculous (in a good way)!

Get yours here.
  2. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR Member

Did you have to let it dry for 24 hours? Also, was it easy to make sure there were no air bubbles?
  3. wrightperspective

I put mine on at night and then turned the unit on in the morning. The screen part takes a few days to look right. I was able to keep air bubbles out using a credit card to smooth out the skin. Don't use too much water. I know someone who did that and fried their DROID.

Skins take patience to put on so if you try to rush it they you WILL mess it up.
  4. topdogg

topdogg New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered mine. Please keep us posted on your experience.
  5. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR Member

Makes sense to be careful with the liquid when applying.
    I tried the ones I had gotten from Verizon and couldn't get them to go on right; don't know how they did it at the store with my original Droid. Of course that's just peel and stick.
    I'm a little nervous about the solution thing (is it solution that comes with it or regular water?) but the better ones all seem to go on that way.
    I ordered it already, can't beat the price, and it sounds good.
  6. jaysonstaurt

jaysonstaurt New Member

what is the solution that you're suppose to use? the video on their site doesn't say what it is. Is it just water? or is it soapy water?
  7. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR Member

I'd like to know too. Mine finally came ; no instructions just the URL for the website. Help please?
  8. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Member

Sounds good. Just ordered one for my D2.
  9. dbuglio

dbuglio New Member

I got in the mail a letter that comprised of

x2 decals (with the template's cut out for the droid 1)
    receipt that said to check the website for installation instructions.

Installation instructions describe a solution in a spray bottle, I was given nothing nor a idea as to what to use.

At this point was not worth the 2.95$
  10. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Member

I used the Invisible Shield before this one, and judging from the installation video for this product, its pretty much identical to the invisible shield. According to some info online, back when they first started sending people the invisible shield, they didnt provoide you with any of the solution and you had to make it yourself. They say its just some water with a bit of soap. This is pretty much what my solution looked and felt like when I had it.

So if you wanted to go ahead and maybe try mixing some water with a couple drops of soap. you should probably google it first to get a better idea but it seems legit.
  11. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR Member

I'm going to email them. How much water to how much soap? Wouldn't soap leave a visible residue? What kind of soap, anyway? Will plain water (think I'd prefer that) do?
    I want to be sure before applying anything liquid to my Droid ; also, I saw a review on YouTube that said it got sorta filmy after a while ...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. lowboy

lowboy New Member

+1
    Threw it in the trash.
    The back was not even cut out and the front was barely cut.
    I have use the cheapos off E-bay and gotten better results.
    Waste of $3
  13. grimloktt

grimloktt New Member

I've applied decals for vehicles (and Invisi-shield my old phone's). The guidance given "sounds" fine to me. Just mix a little soap (maybe even one drop) with water in a spray bottle. Then spray the shield before applying...not the phone. Then, you may be able to move it a little after application. After it dries, you shouldn't see any soap residue and it should be solid.

I guess we can also see what the company responds with from the e-mail one of the posters said they were going to send them?
  14. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

well, i just got one for my incredible, i hope its worth it, but i'm worried now
  15. LeeV

LeeV New Member

Stealth Guard Mess

I just received mine for my Droid. When I opened the envelope I only found what I thought was 1 piece of cardboard, but on further inspection found there must have been 2 pieced to begin with, but they were stuck together. I tried to peel them all apart which resulted in a tangled mess of gluey protectors. All was ruined.
  16. motorhaith

motorhaith New Member

i've looked into these, but from what i've been reading, its not so good...
    i've used ghost-armor and they have been so far no problems...
    i've used ghost-armor for my droid, incredible and droid x... maybe look into that? just my $.02
  17. wrightperspective

Got my Stealth Guard today and did part of the install on my D1. If you have never installed a skin before, it DOES take patience and precision. This is not for people who just want to slap something on and walk away. I installed the back and front pieces and so far, it looks nice. I will post pics when I get it all installed and the air bubbles dry out. I used a very small drop of baby shampoo with the water and dipped the skin into it and shook it off before applying.

I used to have one on my other D1 but my last D1 had to be swapped so I ordered a new one. I think it is worth the shipping costs if you have the patience for an accurate install.
  18. dbuglio

dbuglio New Member

Sad that what should have been a great promotion was mishandled so badly.

Any official word on the solution I should be using on my sheets of cutout plastic? I almost feel like I paid $3.00 for a template to pre cut that carbon fiber paper that others have done a awesome job attaching to their droids.
  19. Detonation

Detonation New Member

Just fill a bowl with lukewarm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Peel the piece off, dip it in the soap water, then lay it on your device. It should slide around for a few seconds before it starts to stick, where you can than squeegee out the rest of the water. For those worried about the wet application, I've applied 4 of these types of skins to my Droid, and probably 5 more to other devices. As long as your device is off when applying, and you don't turn it on again for 12 hours to make sure everything dries (and let the skin set so it looks good), you'll be fine.

I'd much rather pay $3 for a simple cut out in an envelope than $20-30 for extravagant packaging and soapy water.
  20. wricks

wricks Premium Member Premium Member

I agree with the install process described above. I've done it on numerous Blackberrys, Palms and Droids. One thing I would add, just 'cause I'm anal, after you power off the phone - remove the battery and put it somewhere safe (away from the soapy water) untill everythings dry and you're ready to power on.
Search tags for this page

stealth guard phone

stealthguardprotectors com