FREE MIKRADLE Dock Giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
my last phone was a blackberry storm. i thought that thing was great. used it religiously.....then came DROID *in best droid voice* and completely blew it out the water.

Nat3Th3Ap3

Reaction score
The last "dumb" phone I had was the LG EnV3 (If we aren't going to include that horrible BB Storm that I had). And hopefully I can win this nice cradle :)

1st and most horrible thing about this phone was the amount of pocket dialing and unlocking it did in my pocket, not once have I had this issue with my Droid.

2nd would be the not so customizable LG interface unlike my more than happy to customize Droid.

And 3rd (but defiantly not last of my complaints about the other phones) the camera on the Droid is just amazing compared to the EnV3 and I can use other apps to customize the pictures taking such as FxCamera.

aarontliu

Reaction score
The last cellular owned by me was the EnV 2. That phones 1 by 1 inch front screen was nothing compared to the beastly Droid screen. Also, the phone began to fall apart on me within 2 months of purchase.

Nice cradle!

A

assmunke

A Siemens S66. Not nearly as cool, I couldn't make it fart like I can with the Droid. Worth the price of admission alone!

trbasil

Reaction score
A Moto w755, which is still active on the account until the FedEx man shows up in less than 12 hours (hopefully)

Teais4Tiffany

Reaction score
** MotoQ -need I say more??? DUMB! **

My last TWO phones were MotoQ's.... not sure which was more dumb, the MotoQ's or ME for getting a second after the first! *D-U-M-B!!!*
:icon_ banana:

techguru

Reaction score
I sent my old Motorola bag phone in for repairs and they sent it back saying they no longer had parts. :angry: So I had to go get a new phone, and got the Droid.

Kind of new to the whole "texting" thing. On the old phone I could only send Morse code. Nice to have to the contacts on the phone too, before I just had a piece of paper in my pocket with their speed dial code. No external antennae hookup on the droid though :(

If you don't win, I'll be amazed. Where could you even still get an analog signal for that phone?

My last dumb phone was pretty dumb, but pretty good for its use. Casio GZone Boulder. I still have it and use it when mountain biking or other outdoor activities because it is virtually indestructible.

It is supposed to be a music phone, but requires a special dongle for headphones, and I hate needing special parts, so never used it for that. Tried VZNav, but the screen was too small compared to my standalone GPS.. But it does have a nifty electronic compass.

I have had lots of Smartphones, both Palm and Windows Mobile, and the Droid is BY FAR the best I have ever used.

Alan

r1nstang

Reaction score
I had an LG CU-500 flip phone. small screen, slower then dirt, always lost connection, buttons didnt always light up.

Fonzz

Reaction score
Samsung SCH-950

It had bluetooth voice activated dialing, oh wait, that's not exactly paling in comparison.

huskur

Reaction score
LG Voyager and prior to that LG env2 both were phones trying to be "somewhat smart". I can honestly say that after have a true smartphone that you can't ever go back to "stupid" ( i mean dumb phones )

still trying to figure out how to root the Voyager and install smoked glass on it LMAO!!!!

vix9

Reaction score
I had a Blackberry Pearl. Actually, I had 4 Pearls. Verizon kept replacing them everytime the trackball stopped working.

Last one managed to pocket dial 911 while locked. Why lock a phone if you can still make an emergency call with the trackball?

Detonation

Reaction score
Had a Samsung Alias (u740). It's one of those two way flip phones with a full keyboard - vertical for calls and horizontal to text. Compared to the other flip phones my friends had it was superior, but I can't imagine going back to it now. It was also pretty fragile since it only had one hinge. I went through 3 of them in the 2 years I used it, though I never had to pay for a replacement. Dropped it about 6 months into have it and the screen broke. Took it to verizon they told me it would be $50 to replace with a refurb since it was only the screen and the phone still worked. Got the replacement phone but never got a bill haha. The refurb only had a 90 day warranty, but about another 6 months later the phone randomly started resetting pretty frequently. Took it into Verizon and to my surprise they told me I still had a few days left on my warranty and I got it replaced on the spot. It didn't hit me until after I left that they thought that phone was still my first one with the full 1 year warranty!

I will say the physical keyboard was better on that phone though. The keys were a little smaller but they were at least raised and the navigation pad was on the left where it naturally belongs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh gosh, don't get me started.

I had a Morotola Razr that would freeze up on a whim. The 7 and 4 keys eventually stopped working, and it was time to move up in the world. Everything my Razr couldn't do (which covered a lot...), Droid Does!

Sach369

Reaction score
I had an LG dare. It tried really hard to be a smart phone, but it failed in the end. Web browsing felt like I was using Dial-up and no app store like the Droid!. I fell in love with my Droid as soon as I took it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.