FREE MIKRADLE Dock Giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guchi

Reaction score
my last dumb phone was a smart phone it was a samsung omnia

CatsTide

Reaction score
my last dumb phone was a storm....actually it was pretty smart but so boring.....

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
my last dumb phone was one of the original g zones, the ones that are darn near indestructible, it withstood three years of stripping semi trucks down, and two of working in a body shop. I could drop into my beer at the bar, and call it and it would still work... which droid doesn't

TimChgo9

Reaction score
My last phone was a Samsung A137, or 137A, or something like that. It was a little flip-phone that I got when I signed up for their "Go Phone" pay as you go thing.

I hated it, was difficult to flip open, difficult to text on, and forget about web browsing, it was useless. The only thing cool about it was the color... it was a nice shade of metallic red. Oh yeah, there was no speaker phone, either.

thathxckid

Reaction score
Let's see I was using a basic sidekick and the lg dare at the sametime. I had to have the stupid sidekick so I could browes mobile web and to text. The dare was so I could talk to people. The so called touch screen on the dare was a joke after calabrating the screen three times you could type for a min then it was lost like a easter egg. The sidekick wasn't bad but tmobile calling plane was more crappy then at&t. Also +1 on my droid replacing my laptop too. My new laptop lifeline fits in my pocket woot!

Robster

Reaction score
Actually, all I have ever had to this point were "dumb" phones. I had a Moto ROKR up til this Droid. It was a great size and a good MP3 player but that was it. I would never have gotten a "smart" phone were it not for our church (I am a youth pastor) wanting us to be able to get email easily. As well, I like to be able to access my Facebook to communicate with my youth easily. The Droid simply blows me away in what it is capable of. Again, I have never even had a simple BlackBerry before this. I have been obsessing over the last 2 weeks in getting to know all it is capable of. I am proud of myself for getting Quake 2 on and getting it to play as well as the GBA Emulator and finding free ROMs on the net. I am currently trying to figure out the whole 'Rooting' thing to see how I can get 2.1 to run on my phone. Anyway, that's my story.

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
I had the Motorola V360. When I look back, everything about it pales in comparison to the droid. T9 typing is a joke compared to a full keyboard. No touch screen, tiny display. Life was hard back then :)

I couldn't listen to music, the only thing I could do well on that phone was call. So much for that.

The droid has changed everything. My phone is my camera, my mp4 player, my internet browser. It lets me stay connected in a connected world. Oh, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside as well.

paddy

Reaction score
I sent my old Motorola bag phone in for repairs and they sent it back saying they no longer had parts. :angry: So I had to go get a new phone, and got the Droid.

Kind of new to the whole "texting" thing. On the old phone I could only send Morse code. Nice to have to the contacts on the phone too, before I just had a piece of paper in my pocket with their speed dial code. No external antennae hookup on the droid though :(

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
LG Chocolate 2 was my last dumb phone. Wasn't that bad for what it was, a phone. I never thought I needed internet and texting. That has all changed with the Droid. It is a must with flashing multiple roms every day.

good.spliff

Reaction score
Had a Samsung Alias. Broke it on purpose to have a valid reason to acquire a Droid. Kidding. I wish that was the case, rather I was clumsy and broke the screen.

onthemark

Reaction score
My last phone was a dumb phone and I regreted the purchase from day 1. To make matters worse, I talked my bro into getting one at the same time. WE HATED IT!

Enough of the suspense.... It was the xv6700 Windows Mobile Phone. Screen cracked 4 times, always froze up and would lose emails, texts and the like.

My favorite was the keyboard that would log different keys than those pressed.

My Droid improved my life and productivity. However I need a better cradle on my little desk area. wink wink

cuskit

Reaction score
Okay - I'm also not eligible to win (why not?) but I love contests - so I'm just jumping in here! ;) My last phone was the Razr - and I always thought it was great. But then I got the Droid - and realized I had been living in denial! That worthless, tiny screened, minimal positives, lousy camera POS shouldn't be spoken in the same sentence with elite of elite - the eloquent but spectacular Droid! No need to list the droid assets - you all know them. Other than both being built by Motorola and both being basically a mobile phone - it is here that the the lack of similarity begins to blaze obviously clear. The Razr was just so much fluff! Long live Droid - Long live the King! :) Ineligible Mikey :)

sportadic22

Reaction score
I had the env2.... it was a dumb phone because the front looked like a calculator...and was made for old people because the buttons were huge...
it was dumb because i went through three of them... the front OK button went out(phone1)... the whole bottom row went out (phone 2).. then the inside screen when out and would come back once and a while (phone 3)
the inside was good.. texting etc etc keyboard....
buttt overall.. lammmmmmmme
compared to the amazing droid :p

PICK ME RANDOM GENERATOR MACHINE

Kaiken

Reaction score
How nice of you Doug!

Let's see, last dumb phone I had was the Motorola Q. First annoyance was the darn battery life. I hear people complain about the Droid's here and there but compare that to the Q and wow, the blessing we have. Browsing was hella slow and the tasks would never close without manually closing them. After the Q I stayed away from a windows phones forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.