Free Gear VR With The Purchase Of A Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I am not really sure how many of you caught on to the subtle hints that Samsung was dropping a few weeks ago. I picked up on it right away and tweeted about it. When the unpacked event was announced the announcement video showed a guy wearing a Gear VR. I took this to mean the devices announced at the event would come with a free Gear VR.

Many of you doubted this and for good reason. The Gear VR is normally worth $99. That being said Samsung has been pretty awesome when it comes to freebies with the purchase of a new device. Over the years I have racked up two years worth of free netflix, free wireless chargers, battery packs, Google Play credit, and even a pair of Level On Headphones just for purchasing Samsung devices. This is why the idea wasn't far fetched to me.

Today during the announcement we learned that when you purchase a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge in the US between February 23rd and March 11th you will receive a free Gear VR! This will be in the same vein as other promos Samsung has offered. You will purchase your device and hold on to the receipt. Once you receive your phone you will enter your IMEI number, MAC address, and upload a photo copy of your receipt to the claims website. You also get $50 worth of Oculus content! Claims must be submitted by March 31st and are only good while supplies last. Go ahead and bookmark the promo page below!

via Samsung

More S7 and S7 Edge discussion here