Free full body Stealth Guard protector for x

tmar23

Reaction score
Some of you guys are just silly. $30 Steinheil is the bomb and the $3 same peice of plastic is shee'et?

My Steinheil body protector was on the same borderless type of white paper. It should be outlined, especially without instructions. So what it it came with cardboard. The $3 didn't get damaged in a plain white envelope.

My Steinheil body protector feels tacky, has bubbles, looks like crap and some of the peices have peeled off. The did "NOT" replace it!

I guess I am in the minority here, but I gave mine a shot. Followed the simple instructions on the website, and put on the front piece to protect the screen. Have to admit, at first it looked HORRIBLE. But, I figured I would let it sit. A few hours later, it still looked very bad, very smudgy. I was ready to pull it off. But, I let it sit overnight, and in the morning is was COMPLETELY different. It turned out to look pretty darn good. Granted I have 2 small bubbles on the edges that bug me a little, but they really are not bad and you can't notice them unless the screen is off. All of the smudges are gone, and it really does feel pretty close to glass. I have to admit that I am very pleasantly surprised on how much better it looks after 1 day. I am not sure if it will last or how well it will actually protect the screen, but overall on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 7-8. I don't have any other screen protector to compare against, since this is my first one, but I am satisfied, especially for the price. Just thought I would share my experience.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Just received mine the other day. Simple Envelope packaging but the back piece of the protector seems be cut poorly. The front seems better.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

UPDATE:

Just installed it on a buddy's Droid X and wow is this a POC or what? He is gonna take it off tomorrow when he visits a trip to the mall to get a ZAGG installed. I wasn't expecting much for a "free" guard but come one. The ones on eBay for five for three are better it seems.

At least I tried it myself and now I know to stay away from that company.

yea they changed how they shipped them out. when i got mine it was like that but each section was on a different piece of paper. so i had about 3 of what you're holding not just 1 long sheet. and it was pretty easy to peel off. then i just used the good ol water and soap method and was good to go.

dangerous

Reaction score
Wow... I can't believe you guys are making such a big deal about this. It was $3 or $4 what did you expect?

If it isn't cut quite right, take a razor blade to it. I bought two of them and received just what I expected. I only planned on using the screen shield so I am sure I can make it work. Same stuff as Zagg and others for pennies on the dollar.

Total win in my book.

Dude, the piece of plastic was worth 15 Cents. so why should we have to "Die Cut" with a freaking Razor blade. that's what the $2.25 was for and the Postage.

For $3 or $4 bux i would expect it to at least be Die Cut. I could probably have my label manufacturer produce this same label for .15 Plus the Die of $500. then what.. Run 50,000 of them. sure....

Their Label producer screwed up and why should we pay for it.

If you want my other Rectangular "shields" so you can butcher them and slap them on your phone, then PM my your address. you can have them.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I received them today and i tried them on without going to web for instructions on how to put them on. It took me a good 45min if not more to completely put the protector on. These damn things were hard to take out and i had to cut the damned things out and my hand is not too steady so it didnt come out to straight. The back side looks pretty good and looks/feels like it will protect against small dings and scratches. The front was a different story though, the screen protector looked like crap couldnt even see the damn screen because it was very smudgy or whatever you want to call it. But i think i should have left the screen protector after i read tmar23's comment. Overall my experience was pretty good for three bucks a decent pair of protectors.

kkaykimm

Reaction score
Did anyone actually got it?

I did orderd one from the link more than 2 weeks ago, but I never got it.
No shipped information or nothing?
Anyone like me?

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Stealth Guards because I was going to order another one since I had to swap my device and my last guard from them was nice. I asked if it was the same thing as the one I got back in February and told the lady about all the complaints. She said that there was an issue with the perforations on some of them and that they will replace them for anyone who lets them know. She did say it is a different manufacturer but that they tested the material and the material is just as good as what they previously used. She told me that they are keeping an eye on the quality and making improvements as needed.

Two things:

I think they are doing the "Free" thing in order to test the market with the new skins and try to make improvements before they go back to regular price.

If you need a new skin because yours wasn't cut properly just let them know. Their customer service seems pretty good.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i'd consider it free if it was 44 cents, because that's what they spend on shipping. but you can buy same garbage on ebay for same price shipped from china.

actually come to think of it, the one i bought from china for $2 was much higher quality.

LouS

Reaction score
I bought 2 of these kits and they appear to be the later version (4 sheets total). I bought another screen protector before the stealhguard showed up. If anyone wants the 2 I have, you can send me a self addressed stamped envelope with 2 bucks and you can have the two I have and never used. PM me if you want them.

Lou S.

Dx_SVT

Reaction score
I got mine in the mail and kept putting off on installing it. So i finally sat down tonight and put the back half on. It takes TIME and PATIENCE(sp?). I cut each part so it was individual and applied it slowly. I have one or two air bubbles and NO FINGERPRINTS! I'm not exactly sure if I like it, I can say i WILL NOT use the stealthguards front as a screen protector, I like the feel of the Vzn screen protector better. I guess it's all by user-liking; some will love it and some won't. I give it three stars out of five.

wiz561

Reaction score
I just got my free stealthguards today and put them on the phone. I used a 'solution' of 3/4 cup of water, 1 tbsp of 70% alcohol, and a drop of dishwashing soap.

There were two sheets; one for the front and one for the back. Both sheets were cut horribly. I mean, I had major issues trying to get it to seperate from the rest of the sheet. It sounds like others have had this same problem. What I found worked well was tug the side a little so it started to cut the rubber coating, then remove the outer section totally. After that, apply the inner ones to the droid.

It worked OK. The front screen part looks kind of icky when the screen is off. There's some hazy or cloudy areas, but that might disappear as time goes on. Everything else looks great. I also found it odd that they didn't include any for the sides. I can see the screen needing protection, and if it was to drop, I would imagine it would fall on a side, which isn't protected.

So, after seeing the product, I'd have to say that it has some potential, and I might be happier with it if the hazy disappears on the screen. Other than that, I might look into getting a rubber bumper for the sides. I've never dropped my iphone when I had it with a skin on it, but my luck, I'll drop this and cause problems.

PrinceNubian

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the full body Stealth Guard protector covers up two of the three Microphones on the DX. Had mine on for less than a week and one corner has already lifted.

Not as free motion when using swipe as a before. Moved up from a 1/5 to a 1.5/5. die cut was not adequate and mics are closed in. Doesn't allow finger slide with swipe.
But other than that it's great

2xhighpsi

Reaction score
Product was 100% garbage. LIke everyone else, my precuts were not even there.

Dx_SVT

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the full body Stealth Guard protector covers up two of the three Microphones on the DX. Had mine on for less than a week and one corner has already lifted.

Not as free motion when using swipe as a before. Moved up from a 1/5 to a 1.5/5. die cut was not adequate and mics are closed in. Doesn't allow finger slide with swipe.
But other than that it's great

Granted, we ARE getting what we PAID for. I have all parts except the screen protector, which I am still using the Vzn one. All my Mics are open and have the holes cut out. Like i said in my previous post, it takes TIME and PATIENCE to install it RIGHT. The DX is big enough as it is already, I like this form of "protection" vs a big bulky case over it, which will only make the DX look even bigger.