Free extended battery

DROID11

Reaction score
So I called Verizon customer care today and complained about my battery life. I told them that I thought spending an additional $50 on a battery when I just spent $250 on the phone and spend well over $200 a month for service (5 phones 1400 talk and text plan with 3 of the phones being android smartphones) was difficult to justify. I have been a Verizon customer for 8 years and all of my phones are locked in another 2 or close to it. So they decided to give me a free extended life battery. Only problem is the battery is on backorder so I.may not get it for a while. Either way I am very happy with this service :).

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Must be nice. I've talked to everyone and they don't offer me anything.

pattyk999

Reaction score
Verizon owes us all a free battery, Lets take em to court

Ditto Mustang. Droid11, If you don't mind my asking, where are you located? They don't seem to be quite as generous in northern California (near San Francisco). I've actually been thinking that this has been a marketing ploy all along. I bought the Thunderbolt on day one of its' release and lo and behold, they already had extended batteries for sale right next to the phones. How conveeenient! I wrote a letter to Verizon asking for a free extended battery laying out the same reasons as you did, Droid11. They replied with gee sorry, no. but let me give you some tips! The remainder of the response was explaining their new portable battery charger, and why they thought I should invest in one!!!!! Really??? Hello?? It's not the appropriate time for bait and switch. I'm already a pissed off customer complaining of having to buy an other piece of equipment. How stupid can you get!? Does anyone else feel that there may be a case against Verizon for poor marketing practices? The words "Extended Battery" connote an extension beyond average time to me. This phone has always been substandard in that it has never performed at an average level (with regard to battery life). I had no idea I was buying "down" from my Droid 1. I literally cannot rely on my phone for being "live" when I need it. I want to spend as much time as I choose on my new phone (which is otherwise fabulous) but instead I'm learning how to manage it/conserve it. I don't like spending so much time thinking about whether or not I've configured my phone correctly, i.e., I leave my car, I need to remember to turn off bluetooth. I return to car, need to remember to turn bluetooth on, and so many others. Sorry for the long rant. Maybe I'm a bit frustrated with the situation :icon_eek:

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
I live in Columbus, Ohio. I think what really helped me is letting the customer service rep know that I have done everything to salvage as much battery as possible and it interferes with functionality of the phone.

yniloc

Reaction score
What number did you call? I called 611 and they told me to take it to a store to do a battery test and that all droids have battery problems....

bases1616

Reaction score
What number did you call? I called 611 and they told me to take it to a store to do a battery test and that all droids have battery problems....

Yes, they have problems but nothing like the one on the Thunderbolt with 4G turned on. It drains your battery in no time even with very little activity on phone during the day!

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I got my extended battery for 18 dollars. Talk to someone in tech support, customer service is useless! They gave me 50% off of what it would have cost me after my employer based discount.

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

sgtguthrie

Reaction score

Yes, they have problems but nothing like the one on the Thunderbolt with 4G turned on. It drains your battery in no time even with very little activity on phone during the day!

Not with the new leaked radio ;-) 3g/4g transitions are smooth now like its been with 1x.

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend called tech support and they sent her a new extended battery, free with free 2-day shipping. I think it is the 2600mAh battery.

Only problem is finding a case for it.

yniloc

Reaction score
I called tech support and still got denied. Rep told me to shut stuff off, which I already do. Its kind of pathetic that they have to tell you to do all these things to have even decent battery life...which is a pathetic 5-8 hours :(

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
My wife got her OG replaced for a D2 and when it arrived it came with a free extended battery and a brand new back cover.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App