Free Chromecast For Youtube Red Subscribers!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A few months ago Youtube launched their premium ad free service called youtube red. Youtube red allows you to view all of your favorite youtube content with no ads for a small fee. Not only do you get your normal content without ads you also get all kinds exclusive shows and series that you otherwise would not have access to.

I personally don't mind the ads. Most of them are skipable anyhow. The exclusive content has not been enough to lure me in so far. That being said if you needed another reason Google is giving it to you. They have been sending out emails to those who are subscribed offering them a free Chromecast. This seems to be a win win. Google gets you watching Youtube red content on your TV instead of Prime Time television while you get a nifty little piece of tech.

It is not clear if new subscribers will get to take advantage of this. It is likely meant for those who have been early adopters.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've been a subscriber since day one because of my Google Music subscription. I hope this applies to me. I'd love a new chromecast.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Been wanting to check out YTR, but I don't have enough time to watch my current favorite subscriptions on Netflix & Prime, so I can't see shelling out more cabbage for another monthly service at this juncture. (Free CC or not)
That said, I believe the last time I watched a network show OTA was last Thanksgiving, we put on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade for about 15-20 min.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've been a subscriber since day one because of my Google Music subscription. I hope this applies to me. I'd love a new chromecast.
Same here with how long I've been a subscriber. I'm wondering if they're going to leave us out though.

I don't NEED a CC. We've got one on each of the main TVs. But, I've got a smaller 30-some inch TV that's collecting dust in my basement that I could setup in the garage with a Chromecast to play music/etc. while I'm out there working on stuff and a free CC would definitely prompt me to do so.

I'd pull the older style one off the TV in the mancave and use that one in the garage so I've got 2 newer ones in the house. Bought my wife one for the upstairs TV for Christmas because she was bummed when I took mine back downstairs.

Speaking of CC, I haven't seen any free movie deals lately. Seems like they had them every couple/few months there for a while. More than paid for my first CC and probably covered what was left of the new one after the free Google Play credit that came with it.

Reactions: cr6

realged13

Reaction score
The moment GPM decides to revamp their app, I will consider. I have heard of too many complaints about it to switch from Spotify, which I love. They just get everything right.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The moment GPM decides to revamp their app, I will consider. I have heard of too many complaints about it to switch from Spotify, which I love. They just get everything right.
Really? What complaints? From people who're used to Spotify or others? Because I never really got into Spotify, but I've been a GPM subscriber from the start and I have no complaints.

realged13

Reaction score
Really? What complaints? From people who're used to Spotify or others? Because I never really got into Spotify, but I've been a GPM subscriber from the start and I have no complaints.

Just several different reddit threads I have seen around. A lot of people don't complained about different things and just put that fear into switching.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Agree, plus you get more for the buck. YT red, YT music, and GPM.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk