Free Calls

csimo

Reaction score
If you have Friends and Family on your plan then add your Google Voice number to Friends and Family then download and install the following app:
GVMyNumber.apk - gvmynumber - GVMyNumber - Project Hosting on Google Code

-Joe

There not on the app no more on the markert or it never was I have to change the settings to download from that link.

I got my Google voice number on my F & F but now I want it incoming calls for people to call my number and not my GV number but still use the GV service

Will that GVmynumber work for that, or should I use the Sipdroid another had mentioned. Confused because any forwarding of my number will still go against my minutes

I don't know if it was ever on the Market or not. It was just a small app to solve the GV random number problem.

If you have your GV number on F&F then incoming calls shouldn't be a problem. The only problem is outgoing and GVMyNumber solves that problem.

Mont

Reaction score
I don't know if it was ever on the Market or not. It was just a small app to solve the GV random number problem.

If you have your GV number on F&F then incoming calls shouldn't be a problem. The only problem is outgoing and GVMyNumber solves that problem.

I have no problem with out goings calls havent had a chance to check for incoming yet, its cool that you can change the settings for it to ask you if you want to use GV or not before it starts dialing.

I don't think I need that app its working fine so far but I'll keep it around

Squadalah_man

Reaction score
mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
I'm pretty sure that when a google voice number calls another google voice number its free, but I could be wrong. Mobile to mobile calling is free with verizons IN calling network. I might be wrong with the google number thing. Google phone is free and magic jack is close to free, so if you have a netbook then theoreticaly you can make free calls. Verizons friends and family plan is for people you want to call free who don't have verizon such and landline phones and other network phones.

Squadala we are off!

csimo

Reaction score

I have no problem with out goings calls havent had a chance to check for incoming yet, its cool that you can change the settings for it to ask you if you want to use GV or not before it starts dialing.

I don't think I need that app its working fine so far but I'll keep it around

Just to clarify the problem... when you place an outbound call using Google Voice you actually dial a rather random number... not your Google Voice number. So, even if you have your Google Voice number listed in Friends & Family you will be using calling plan minutes for outbound Google Voice calls.

All the GVMyNumber app does is force outbound Google Voice calls to dial via your Google Voice number. Thus if you have your Google Voice number listed in Friends & Family you will not be using plan minutes.

So, outbound GV calls without the app = plan minutes used, but with the app = free.