Free apps vs. paid

ComboApp

Reaction score
What plenty of things do you have, that you’ve obtained for free and keep obtaining pretty much daily/weekly? Yes - these are apps! I bet the majority of apps on your iPhone or iPad belong to a freemium model - free to download with in-app purchase inside or free with ads.
Question is - why does this trend of moving to a freemium model exist at all? Why so?

We’ve passed the App Store 5 years anniversary this summer, let’s dig a bit into reasons why free apps dominate. Mary Ellen from Flurry shares her vision on paid apps vs.free -
The History of App Pricing, And Why Most Apps Are Free

Chart_1-resized-600.jpg

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
in my case, free app developers are in a loose loose situation.
i get the paid version of every app i use to support the developer and remove ads.
for the free only ad riddled apps, i use adfree.

chrisrock10

Reaction score
i think paid version of apps are better than the free versions you have more accessibility to the paid version.....

BillDean

Reaction score
What plenty of things do you have, that you’ve obtained for free and keep obtaining pretty much daily/weekly? Yes - these are apps! I bet the majority of apps on your iPhone or iPad belong to a freemium model - free to download with in-app purchase inside or free with ads.
Question is - why does this trend of moving to a freemium model exist at all? Why so?

We’ve passed the App Store 5 years anniversary this summer, let’s dig a bit into reasons why free apps dominate. Mary Ellen from Flurry shares her vision on paid apps vs.free -
The History of App Pricing, And Why Most Apps Are Free

Chart_1-resized-600.jpg

My experience is that the "free apps" all have catches and are not really free apps. They usually have catches at the website the author runs. The authors believe they have to do this to make any money and they are probably right. This is the way the Android market turned out. The only true free apps are the ones authored by companies that want you to use their services such as Directv, golfnow, etc.
Bill