1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Free App] YouAreHere 1.5.0 (No Ads) - Location Aware/PoI/Deals

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by wubbzy, Feb 2, 2012.

1. wubbzy

wubbzy New Member

[Free App] YouAreHere (No Ads) - shows stuff near you

View attachment 46823 View attachment 46824 View attachment 46825 View attachment 46822 View attachment 46826
    QR Code to download from Android market

[​IMG]
    or Click Android Market to get it (http://market.android.com/details?id=com.roundere)

W
    ould like to gather community feedback on YouAreHere.

It is free to use and there are no ads.

YouAreHere let you browse points of interest near you on a map. It also allows you to post new deals or view deals that have been posted by other users, including posting deals to social networks. It has been built grounds up with emphasis on simple interface, great functionality and battery saving features.

Example usage:

• Forgot your Costco coupon book, the app has it for you. You don't need to carry it again ever. When you click on business/retailer details.
    • You'll be able to view web interface that provides you with additional information. All this in single click.
    • If you wanted to call, all it takes is one click again and same for direction.
    Great pub near work, New to town, need a clue? Last minute gifts? Just a couple of clicks. A game of golf, hole in the wall? we've got it all.

Feature List:

• Simple interface
    • Clear the clutter on map/list by dynamic filter and watch the stuff you need appear in real time [v1.6 0]
    • Even more battery friendly [lot of internal code improvement to take care of that, happy to say we're in 80th percentile, will keep pushing, though physical laws do apply]
    • Largest US retailers interactive directory
    • Large and colorful logos of brands
    • Deal tagging (add/view) and sharing on social networks, e-mail, SMS etc.
    • One click to - direction, phone call etc.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. wubbzy

wubbzy New Member

posted demo video for the app. check it out. please do rate it :biggrin: spend about 6 hours on it.

3. aqworldthunder

aqworldthunder Darth Droid

o_O awesumness €=

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!
  4. wubbzy

wubbzy New Member

please do post your comment on android market

muchas gracias :hail:

more than that we'd like to hear your feedback, any new features we can add -- help us keep chugging.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  5. wubbzy

wubbzy New Member

aqworldthunder thanks for your support. Would appreciate if anyone who're traveling and/or on vacation would give app a shot and post feedback.

6. wubbzy

wubbzy New Member

Few folks have been very active on pushing out deals they find. Thank you.

Check it out if you're interested i.e. for N. Cal there is T-mobile buy plan/phone get free ski deal for Sierras if you're in the area.
  7. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

why i cant find this app in the market. I even used the link and sent it to my phone. but still doesnt download
  8. wubbzy

wubbzy New Member

absolute search term: com.roundere
    byname: youarehere (please note no spaces). The app should pop up at about #3 spot. Link attached for convinience https://market.android.com/search?q=youarehere&c=apps

Best possible way I can resolve your issue is to drop me a PM or email (wubbzy/gmail) with details on how you "send the link to your phone" and what that link was? and what URL/web-site did you use to download, including your device details.

If you would rather call me I can send you a PM with my phone number. Let me know.

Since we're offline I'd try to guess and note down few things that I can think of top off my head for you to try, and I could really forget as sleep is getting to -- it 1:30a early morning :blink:

Open one of these URL's in your mobile device browser:

Market link - http://market.android.com/details?id=com.roundere

--else--

Direct download link: You Are Here Tag (use this only if all else fails)

-- else one of the following --

1- You have one of those really good phone that just got out and android market has limited support for such devices. In that case congratulations you're on cutting edge. Remedy use the direct download link. Make sure you enable 'Unknown sources' if you use direct method (APK) in your Settings->applications->Unknown sources (must be checked). Some phone/OEM have removed this setting.

2- If you have a tablet; android market won't show you the app, you'll have to download the APK from roundere.com. This is because the app does not support the "landscape" mode yet. We're working on it. Though clearly work.

3- Permission issues, hardware requirement can all contribute to "not finding" app on market i.e. if you device does not support GPS, android market will mask my app. This is kind of annoying given that I app can work with/without GPS. Download APK directly.

I'll be very happy if I can get you up and running, so don't hesitate to post here or PM or email.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  9. wubbzy

wubbzy New Member

fresh baked 1.6.0, new features
    • even more battery saving, less memory consumption, more slick/responsive
    • added 4000+ restaurants data
    • dynamic/interactive filtering - watch vendors/categories appear/disappear as you apply the filter in real time via search on list/map [more UI refinements coming soon]
    hope you guys like it.
  10. wubbzy

wubbzy New Member

please do update to v1.6.1 as it fixes the recently reported crash issue.