1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Free][App][2.3+] WalkLogger pedometer

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by walkloggerdev, Apr 19, 2013.

1. walkloggerdev

walkloggerdev New Member

Hi everyone, try out my new app.

It's a pedometer / step counter and calorie counter that keeps track of your physical activity during the day, with really low battery consumption and free cloud backup and sync between devices.

-Count your steps
    -Estimate your distance walked or run
    -Estimate the calories you burn by being active (net calories)
    -Estimate your total calorie consumption (gross calories)
    -Get activity logs with detailed information about individual walks and runs
    -Set step, distance and calorie goals
    -Earn medals based on the number of steps you walk each day
    -Use the pedometer from your home screen with the built in widget
    -Sign up for free and automatically sync your walking and running to the cloud

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.walklogger.pedometer

View attachment 62249 View attachment 62250 View attachment 62251
  2. walkloggerdev

walkloggerdev New Member

I've released an update with several bug fixes. The app no longer crashes when you resume a walk/run after waking the phone up from sleep.

A big thank you to those of you who have helped test the app, it's been really helpful!
  3. walkloggerdev

walkloggerdev New Member

Version 1.0.5 is available now. New in this version:

- Fixed a bug where your total calorie count would not include your active calorie count
    - Activities that go on for multiple days now display correctly in the activity log
    - A number of minor bugs have been fixed

I'm always looking for feedback on how the app is working. I know it works great and consumes very little juice on a number of phones, but I think there is probably a lot of room for improvement with battery consumption on certain phones. I'm also working on a list of phones on which accelerometer-based apps don't work when the screen is turned off so that I can blacklist those so my app can't be installed on those phones since it won't work anyway.

Downloads have gone way down since someone gave me an anonymous 1-start rating without any text. I didn't even know you could do anonymous ratings! It's also not really helpful to leave blank reviews since that gives me no idea what the problem is which means I can't fix it.
  4. TAGonsalves

TAGonsalves New Member

Walklogger seems to be a good app for our walks in this rural area in the Himalayas. We have limited/expensive network connectivity. Can Walklogger work standalone, without any reliance on a server?
  5. walkloggerdev

walkloggerdev New Member

Hi there,

Yes, the app works fine when you are not connected to the internet. The cloud storage needs an internet connection a few times a week, but the cloud storage is optional. WalkLogger keeps its own local database with all your data.

The thing that you have to watch out for is that, like with all ad-supported apps, WalkLogger will use the phone's mobile data connection when it loads an ad. This only happens if you are connected to the internet of course, but it can be a thing to watch out for if your connection is very expensive. If you want to prevent apps from using your mobile data connection you can turn it off in the phone settings before you use WalkLogger and other apps that you think will attempt to use the internet. Then apps will only connect to the internet when you have a WiFi connection.
  6. TAGonsalves

TAGonsalves New Member

Thank you
  7. TAGonsalves

TAGonsalves New Member

Greetings:

We plan to use Walklogger to keep track of the total activity of teams of students and staff in our institute. Teams that meet fitness targets will get some awards. The total steps is easily editable in the Walklogger UI. Some unscrupulous members may take advantage of this! Is it possible to restrict this, to make the number of steps not editable?
    (The details of steps taken on individual "trips" appears to be not editable, however it would be very tedious for us to verify the totals for all team members.)

Regards
    TAG

Search tags for this page
best android accelerometer based app pedometer for s3
ffree pedometer app for razr m
free pedometer app
pedometer app for motorola droid phone

pedometer app for samsung galaxy s3

pedometer app samsung s3
pedometer apps without data connection android -iphone
pedometer free app
razr m pedometer