Freaking out about Jellybean and losing Foxfi!

cwgrizz2

Reaction score
Dang that sucks I thought the iPad had bluetooth.

It does but I can't get my Droid Razr Maxx to connect to it. So therefore the tether won't probably work through bluetooth either. I use foxfi to ipad and works pretty good. will wait till foxfi is compatible before updating to JB

diablo81588

Reaction score
So I guess this is the end of the road for FoxFi. I am so hesitant about rooting. I know it is supposed to be "easy" to do, my concerns are down the line. How does it operate after, do I need to do special things, what happens if other updates come out and getting back on the path. Just not an expert in this area like many others on this forum.
Any other options for wifi tether without root for Jellybean?

You will not be off the update path by rooting. The only way that could happen is if you run a custom ROM. If you root for the only purpose of tethering there is nothing to it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Beer

Reaction score
You will not be off the update path by rooting. The only way that could happen is if you run a custom ROM. If you root for the only purpose of tethering there is nothing to it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I wouldn't let the possibility of trouble with future updates hold you back from rooting. The RAZR began life with Gingerbread, was updated to ICS, and now JB. It's reaching end of life and JB is very likely the end of development.

-Beer

ghinish

Reaction score
Pda net dont work for Bluetooth from my razrmaxx to my galaxy tab 2

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
The pdanet Bluetooth isn't working for my iPod Touch either. The WiFi tether isn't working at all. Smh.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Forum Runner

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
I bailed on the Razr MAXX I'm now the proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Off to my new forum.....bye. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forum Runner

SpdFreekG35

Reaction score
I bailed on the Razr MAXX I'm now the proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Off to my new forum.....bye. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forum Runner

I'm considering bailing too... Heartbroken that Fox-Fi no longer works..... VERY disappointing. Especially paying for pro and it doesn't work...

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
If Fox fi is your issue just root and do the wifi hack

It is easy and there are step by step videos

recDNA

Reaction score
It mentions a data restriction free foxfi version but doesnt say what it is. Anybody know. I don't use much data but need to connect for 2 hours at a time without constantly reconnecting. I'd pay vzw if i wanted to pay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

steve9830

Reaction score
You only pay one time for the program, less than ten bucks; or pay $20+ PER MONTH to Verizon. June Fabrics has gone us a great service and deserves to be rewarded.

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused as I look this over and realize FoxFi's now part of PdaNet. I'm wondering how this affects me.

I have FoxFi (WiFi tether w/o root) and and FoxFi key installed on my Droid Razr running Android 4.1.2 .

The FoxFi Key on my phone says FoxFi but when I look at Play at PdaNet+ (FoxFi) Key it says Installed. Also I see the PdaNet+ app description says "Currently PdaNet+ is a free upgrade from both PdaNet and FoxFi so please replace your existing PdaNet or FoxFi with PdaNet+. All future updates will go into PdaNet+ only."

Am I supposed to uninstall my FoxFi app? Should I install PdaNet+ and install the PdaNet+ (FoxFi) Key app? Or do I want FoxFi, PdaNet and my FoxFi key all installed?

Thanks.