Freaking out about Jellybean and losing Foxfi!

diablo81588

Reaction score
Why are so many people so hesitant to root? Its so easy and takes 5 minutes max..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Why are so many people so hesitant to root? Its so easy and takes 5 minutes max..

I'm thinking about rooting. Been busy at work the past 6 months, slowing down and thinking of jumping back in the rooting / flashing game. With limited ROMs (last I checked) I don't see the need with foxfi.

brucefulton

Reaction score
Probably because it voids the warranty and extended warranty, limits severely your access to Moto and Verizon technical support, requires a certain commitment to understanding and keeping up with technical details of your phone operating system, and can interfere with phone and OS updates that requires technical skill to finesse. If you don't care about any of those things, and rooting does something actually useful that you are technically able to fully understand, implement and reverse when necessary, then it may make some sense. IOW it applies to very very few people. If you're one of them, congrats. Personally, I wouldn't want to deal with the potential problems and issues.

diablo81588

Reaction score
I have never heard of anyone that was denied warranty because their phone was rooted.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
I will only root with foxcat holding my hand. Otherwise I might pay Verizon the thirty a month for the hotspot. Because this is my only internet connection. One eighty gigs a month.. Just watching TV.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I will only root with foxcat holding my hand. Otherwise I might pay Verizon the thirty a month for the hotspot. Because this is my only internet connection. One eighty gigs a month.. Just watching TV.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Let me know...I'll be there for you, maybe not "THERE", but here anyway! :D

Rooting is so simple nowadays thanks to the Developers out there that even a complete novice can do it.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

mindhead1

Reaction score
I was a FoxFi user on ICS. I am on JB and rooted and now use Wifi Tether. It works beautifully.

Also, if you go to JB make sure to uninstall FoxFi. After about 2 weeks of trying to figure out what was crushing my battery life, I uninstalled FoxFi and now my Maxx is back to lasting 2 days on a single charge. I am no expert, but it seems like the FoxFi may have been causing a lot of wake_locks which was preventing the phone from going into deep sleep. I used BetterBatteryStats to get the info on Wake_Locks.

JParkins

Reaction score
Well this is unfortunate news.

ForumRunner_20130307_230527.png

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
FoxFi doesn't work for me on JB, even with the "add-on".

So I guess this is the end of the road for FoxFi. I am so hesitant about rooting. I know it is supposed to be "easy" to do, my concerns are down the line. How does it operate after, do I need to do special things, what happens if other updates come out and getting back on the path. Just not an expert in this area like many others on this forum.
Any other options for wifi tether without root for Jellybean?

Redsnk95

Reaction score
The bluetooth option works PDANet(foxfi). I am able to connect my Xoom tablet to my Razr Maxx to give it internet access.

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
The bluetooth option works PDANet(foxfi). I am able to connect my Xoom tablet to my Razr Maxx to give it internet access.

Unfortunately bluetooth doesn't work with Ipads which I have. Always somethin!