Freaking out about Jellybean and losing Foxfi!

brunla

Reaction score
It's great that Jellybean is around the corner, but not at the expense of losing Foxfi. That is such a great app and saves $50 month.
Does anyone know if there are any other free apps for non-root that will wifi tether?
Really bummed about this.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Not that I am aware of, need to root.

Or you could just stay on ICS 4.0.4 and keep your FoxFi.

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
Not that I am aware of, need to root.

Or you could just stay on ICS 4.0.4 and keep your FoxFi.

What do you think is the easiest and best way to Root on the Maxx? Plus you would have to root after the update right?
Once you root is there anything special you need to do to tether?

Redsnk95

Reaction score
You would need to root after the JB update. Then you would need to use the SQL entitlement hack to activate the mobile hot spot. I believe there are instructions for both of these subjects on here, just need to do a search.

huskur

Reaction score
Don't worry at all. I have the Note 2 with Jelly Bean and Foxfi works just fine! Just make sure you get the "add on" from the playstore

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Don't worry at all. I have the Note 2 with Jelly Bean and Foxfi works just fine! Just make sure you get the "add on" from the playstore

Razr Maxx HD owners reported that FoxFi didn't work with JB update. I read the description for the add on and it doesn't really explain what it does.

huskur

Reaction score
Razr Maxx HD owners reported that FoxFi didn't work with JB update. I read the description for the add on and it doesn't really explain what it does.

It does indeed work. I promise you it does. Just download Foxfi and the Foxfi add-on from the play store. When you start foxfi it looks as if the hotspot on the phone is starting but it is not. Foxfi starts and works just fine. When you initiate foxfi it triggers the phone hotspot turtorial for activation but foxfi is truly running. No worries

4low4fun

Reaction score
It does indeed work. I promise you it does. Just download Foxfi and the Foxfi add-on from the play store. When you start foxfi it looks as if the hotspot on the phone is starting but it is not. Foxfi starts and works just fine. When you initiate foxfi it triggers the phone hotspot turtorial for activation but foxfi is truly running. No worries

Can anyone on the Xmas leak verify this??

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Someone correct me but I believe Samsung phones work the free tether after JB update not Moto devices. At this point at least.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jxpinc

Reaction score
How do I block updates. Netflix and HBO GO work with HDMI out but not hulu. Can I usb tether a bluray player or Roku?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score

You are talking about a completely different device here. It may work on the Samsung Note 2, but I have yet heard a Razr Maxx user say it operates after Jellybean. Anyone who has JB and Foxfi working?