Framework.res question

chrisl20

Reaction score
Sorry, as far as the cwm? Reboot system now would have to be done after you flash a rom...and then REENTER bootstrapper AGAIN BEFORE you flash a theme...I dnt remember why exactly, but double flashing without loading has caused me issues before...but, when ur installing roms, be sure to wipe cache then wipe data and then instal zip from sd card, and navigate to where you have downloaded and put said zip file.....w themes....you need to mount your system and anything else except for sd-ext...I can't remember what the exact one under- mountsystem is, but they all need to be mounted, then back up to install zip from sd card and give it hell...you (usually...90%of the time)wont know if it worked, or failed until restarting your device.....and when restarting after a new rom install or EVEN JUST a new theme install...you gota give it a solid few minutes at the boot logo/boot animation....don't think its broken until its been sittin there for over ten...15 min...it takes awhile for the phone to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and make it in working order...anyways, I hope THIS post, helps ur previous? More than my stupid rant about what b.a. apps you need to make ur b.a. d2 more b.a-er

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Indeed. I have had all of those apps pretty much for a while now. Love them! Thanks Sooooo much for the help and enthusiasm. It makes me want to flash liberty now. I just still worry about messing it up. So let's see if I have it straight. I downloaded liberty 2.0 (maybe I should do 1.5 cause of less bugs?) Put it on the root of the sd, made a backup (I only have one so far) flash clockwork install from zip, choose liberty, wipe data and cache (first maybe?) Then reboot and enjoy the tasty goodness? Also I have the sbf and rsd lite on my oooolllldd laptop running windows xp sp2 just in case. I is that all? Also to change an icon or icons, and I can use metamorph and if something goes wrong I can use my nandroid? If you wouldn't mind walking me through the installation, could you pm me your phone number? It may be easier. Or I can send you mine

Sent from my rooted DROID2

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also just wipe data and cache? What about the dalvik cache? Do I need to wipe that too before installing liberty? Man, I'm nervous to do it. I mean, my stock rom isn't so bad right? Is liberty that much better?

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, when I install liberty and flash it will my market and email still be there? Will I be able to make phone calls (contacts!) And all that?

chrisl20

Reaction score
Liberty is the best thing since sliced bread...and yah, u basicly got the jist of it all down...ill pm you my phone number so I can talk you through it and u can write it down as you see fit...but, u basicly got it all covered.... I would try liberty 2.0 just because I WANT IT lol.. but no...stock is trash compaired to liberty...w the toolbox u can have an endless amount of customization at your fingertips...and it depends on what icons u wana change....icons on your home screen or dock bar use launcherpro to change them...if u want ones in the notification bar, that'd be a metamorph....ill pm u my # now and hopefully have a chance to talk to u before I go back to work so I can elaborate on which to use for what reasons, that way I myself have a better idea of what you are wanting to change...check ur inbox

kickyindahead

Reaction score
im running liberty 2.0.1 on my d2g and am loving every second of it .. way better jump from fission than i was expecting .. sure theres some bugs and sensor issues .. but i can deal without having auto rotate .. for the d2g user that wants liberty .. use the get~r~done rommer v7 and youre good to go ... minus the few sensor issues..

chrisl20

Reaction score
I am said-d2g user....and I think liberty is the only thing god has ever given man...but, I can't live w.o my sensors...if I learn some good stuff in my computer class n my college classes this summer I want to figure out how to get them to work...but, that's very wishful thinking... ...but, I haveto have my sensors working....I use their functions too much, and without them, id think my phone was broken...or at least not half the phone it was before...

kickyindahead

Reaction score
yeah chris you were the one i was refering to but i couldnt remember what your name was so i just said it the way i did .. the only sensor that i ever notice is the auto rotate ... which doesnt bother me at all.. actually it annoyed the heck out of me .. what other sensors are there that dont work? Ive noticed the proximity when making calls .. but i very rarely use my phone to talk on ... so its not something i miss all that much either .. and youre right .. Liberty is a godsend to us d2g users and anyone else of course but for us in particular its the greatest thing since sliced bread... that is if youre willing to deal with the sensors being broken .

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone go over what sensors don't work? You're saying it doesn't rotate to landscape? That would suck cause I use the media dock and watch movies on youtube. That would not be good! Also what about the proximity sensor? I do use the phone (its the only phone I have

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Can someone go over what sensors don't work? You're saying it doesn't rotate to landscape? That would suck cause I use the media dock and watch movies on youtube. That would not be good! Also what about the proximity sensor? I do use the phone (its the only phone I have

i use the media dock as well .. it will switch into landscape when you set it in the dock ... it just wont switch to landscape when you tilt the phone .. if you slide out the keyboard it will .. as for proximity when the phone gets close to your head he screen would normally turn off and when you move it away from your head hte screen turns back on .. without that sensor you have to wait for the screen time out to go into effect .. those are really the only sensors that ive noticed .. everything else is nothing ive come across thats bothered me ..

but Idopa .. youre running a d2 correct?.. not a d2g like chris and i ... you shouldnt have to worry about sensor issues like that if you run liberty because you wouldnt have to flash the grd rommer like we do.. so mainly you can take the past few comments about sensor issues and throw them out the window ... since Liberty was made for the d2 .. you shouldnt have any issues running it .. us d2g users kinda have to improvise and go with or without .. whatever we can .. sorry for the alarm there . you should be good to go with liberty :icon_eek:

chrisl20

Reaction score
Idopa, you are a d2 user, globals are completely different from droid 2 in a few aspects...liberty will work perfectly for you...no sensor issues what soever... ...if you had a global, then you would have to worry about sensor issues....but, since you have the droid 2...you have nothing to worry about....and there are multiple sensors that all droid phones have...accelerator, proximity, infrared, tilt. Etc....and, sadly, they r tied into the droid 2 and the droid 2 global...so porting roms from d2's to d2g isn't a flawless process yet... ...so idopa..go ahead and get liberated...

*didn't see above post ...oops :)

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome! That makes me feel better. I just got done reading the entire liberty bugs thread. Didn't sound good. I wonder if I should wait till the bugs got resolved? Also my earlier question didn't get answered. My 3g and phone and Gmail and market will still be there right?

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I forget to ask. I heard gb is coming ota for the d2 possibly soon. Maybe I should wait for the update. But I suppose I can always sbf to stock. I've just never done it before and thought it would save me the headache!

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Does any one have a metamorph file for changing the pulldown text on the d2g? Or direct me on how or if it can b done with ninjamorph.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does any one have a metamorph file for changing the pulldown text on the d2g? Or direct me on how or if it can b done with ninjamorph.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Check your pm

Sent from my Liberated DROID2