Framework-res.apk

ludi

Reaction score
hey, Im looking for some guidance from all you seasoned themers. Im trying to mod /res/values/styles.xml from decompiled framework-res.apk.

Simple text color change so I can go full black softkey menus. (see attached)

I have scoured xda, and google code for a updated comprehensive guide to framework-res.apk themes but I am getting nowhere, lots of various methods offered, nothing working for me. Is there something MIUI specific that I am not seeing?

apktool if framework-res.apk
apktool d
-------------------------------Make XML change Here-------
apktool b
----im not getting a .apk in the build dir. (using apktool 1.3.1,and r01-3)

i tried just winzipping + signing then pushing to system, and flashing as update. I could use a hand something serious.

Appreciate any help.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried Apk Manager? it is the easiest way to mod... you can find it in xda forum...

OP
L

ludi

Reaction score
ecsnead69, thanks for your help man, APK Manager was just the ticket.

CAP201012131905.jpg

Started to dive into skinning the icons... a bit more than I care to bite off now.

Thanks again dude.

jimbo42o

Reaction score
ecsnead69, thanks for your help man, APK Manager was just the ticket......Started to dive into skinning the icons... a bit more than I care to bite off now.

Thanks again dude.

im liking that volume background and ive been looking forever to make the menus black it would so make this theme im working one/made complete

OP
L

ludi

Reaction score
The volume control bg is from the iphone theme. There is a new version of it on the last page of the miui-dev thread, author had some prob updating the OP or something. I can post u my framework-res if u want but ide feel better if a more experienced themer hooked u up, mine is giving me white text on offwhite app menus, ide hate that for ya.

The vol bg in the iphone zip is in framework/res/drawtable-hdpi folder, just copy it from there into your theme. Be sure to run that by the original author though if u plan on distributing. he put allot of work into that theme.

Gl bro.