1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Framework.apk

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by o0HERO0o, May 13, 2010.

1. o0HERO0o

o0HERO0o New Member

If I change some things in the framework.apk and then put it back on my phone is there something special I need to do to get it to work or should it be fine once it's back on my phone?
  2. rhyde82

rhyde82 New Member

pull with android sdk do what u need to do push it back with android sdk and reboot and it should work fine
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Make a backup first!
  4. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Your market will crash when installing new apps from there. The easy fix is to remove any market updates after you install the new framework-res.apk file. If uninstalling market updates does not work then push the vending.apk file that droid928 posted in one of his threads.
  5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

The market doesn't have anything to do with framework edits....?
  6. AngDroid

Everytime I edit the framework apk file my market crashes when I download and install something new. The only fix I found was to remove the market update and install the vending.apk droid928 posted.
  7. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Thats very strange cause the framework doesn't even touch the vending APK - are you pushing your stuff with ADB while in recovery mode, this is the best way to do it without issues...
  8. AngDroid

Yes I am. Maybe does not do it to custom ROMs but I am using stock 2.1 which I am doing my own mods on and that is the one problem I ran into with switching the framework-res.apk file. Searching around seems others are having the problem too and that's how I discovered the fix.
  9. o0HERO0o

o0HERO0o New Member

I pulled just the framework.apk onto the computer made a few changes in the res - folder, replaced that folder in the framework.apk and then dragged and dropped the .apk back onto my card. When I go to replace the old framework.apk file using root explorer my phone screen goes black and won't do anything else I then have to pull the battery boot into recovery and restore a backup. I don't understand what is going wrong.:(:(:(
  10. AngDroid

If you made the framework-res.apk correctly then you need to do the following steps to install it.
    Power off phone
    Power phone back on while holding the X key on the keyboard so you can enter into SPRecovery.
    Mount Options
    Mount System
    Open command prompt on computer and typ the following commands
    adb push framework-res.apk /system/app/framework-res.apk
    adb shell "/system/bin/chmod 644 /system/app/framework-res.apk"
    adb reboot

Make sure your framework-res.apk is in the same folder where your command prompt is. For example if your command prompt is at c:\ then make sure the apk file is on the root of the C drive.

your framework-res.apk should be installed properly by this method.

If you do boot up and your changes take affect then try to install an app from market and see if it it crashes...
  11. mwhartman

My sense is you are not making the switch quick enough. Try this:

Once you open Root Explorer go to the sdcard directory. Rename the framework-res.apk to framework-res.ap (so you can change it quickly once you move it). After you have renamed it, long press on framework-res.ap and choose "Move". Now, just click the back button on your phone once and you should see the "Mount R/W" button on the top. Click that button (so that it reads "Mount R/O" after you click on it). Next, go to the system directory on the bottom. Then, click on the "Mount R/W" button on the top again. After that, go to the framework directory. In there, you will paste the framework-res.ap file. Once it's in there, rename the current framework-res.apk to framework-res.bak (or .old, whichever you prefer). Once you rename that, you must act quickly to rename the framework-res.ap file into framework-res.apk (this will be the new file now). After you have renamed it, long press on the new framework-res.apk and choose "Permissions". Make sure you have "Read" and "Write" checked for User, "Read" for "Group", and "Read" for "Others". Just take out the other checks marks if you see them that aren't needed. Reboot your phone after that. After you have rebooted, go to the Settings of your phone. Go to Accounts and sync to enter your accounts again and sync them again. That should do it.
  12. o0HERO0o

o0HERO0o New Member

I don't get it the screen goes black immediately. Also I downloaded the Android SDK and when I go to use it the terminal shuts down a few seconds after I open it.........I hate my life:icon_ cry:
  13. mwhartman

I do not have any other suggestions, sorry.

Mike
  14. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

This has worked for me many times without fail. You will only have to sign in to your gmail and FB once you've boot back up.

Once you've edited your framework, put it on your root of your sdcard. Then in Terminal Emulator, type in the following, pressing [enter] after each line:

su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    busybox cp -R /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
    reboot

That's worked for me with the last three ROMs.
  15. o0HERO0o

o0HERO0o New Member

I'm going to try this again but the first time I tried it, my phones screen went black again before I could type - reboot. I'm wondering what is happening with my phone, why does it keep doing this?
  16. vmann32

vmann32 New Member

Is the sdk intalled properly with all drivers installed.See you need to fix permissions and the only way is to push it with ADB.I have not got into anything on that level though
  17. haledroid

haledroid New Member

If your on 2.1 and try to push framework-res back to the phone the screen will go black. It will force you to reboot. The phone should boot back up.

Also what did you change in the framework-res.apk?
  18. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

If you can't get the sdk to install properly try updating you java from the sun microsystems website. I had to do this before I could get it to work properly.

Also I tried pushing through terminal before I got used to adb and my success rate was about 25% for getting it to work. I normally had to do it three or four times before it would take.
  19. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

When pushing framework you have to be in recovery and select mount options, then mount system, adb push the file, un mount system, reboot, enjoy!

Had the samre prob with root explorer/framework
  20. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

You can't use programs on the phone to replace the framework. ADB either in recovery or not is the only sure way for it to work properly. If using 2.2 you can not push files and thus have to use the update.zip method.
Search tags for this page
android sdk framework.apk
copied framework res apk to the wrong folder

framework apk

framework res ap

framework-res.ap

how to change the framework.apk file in a rom
how to repair renamed framework-res
location of framework-res.ap
root framework.apk
vending apk netframe
www. netframework apk.com