Fox's 80 billion dollar offer to buy Time Warner

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bATMAN-VS-WOLVERINE-LutaDestaque.jpg
21st Century Fox made an 80 Billion dollar offer to buy Time Warner. Time Warner who's properties include CNN (who Fox will look to sell off if the merger gets approved), TNT, TBS and Warner Brothers (owner's of the DC movie universe). Fox will be looking to build up their current portfolio that includes Fox News, Fox Broadcast Network, and FX. If the properties do merge could that result in a X-MEN/DC crossover or other crossovers involving the properties?
As of now Time Warner is reported to have turned down the offer but it will be interesting to see if the no was a result of not wanting to merge on not liking the offer.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Small victory, but he's not going to stop... (Sorry for the large graphic, I thought it would add perspective. Mods if you don't want it I apologize for posting it.)

media-infographic.jpg

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
though long, nice info. I am good with it staying as it adds some nice inside info. Thanks for posting.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shareholders : aka 4th branch of government
"Not in the best interest of" :aka not enough lobbyists YET to get around anti trust.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Briankbl

Reaction score
We don't need the owner of Fox News running all of cable TV. That would be absolutely disastrous.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We don't need the owner of Fox News running all of cable TV. That would be absolutely disastrous.

To be honest I do not think it would matter one way or another. When it is all said and done money rules all. Family Guy constantly pokes fun at Fox News and yet I am sure Fox is completely ok with it as long as the checks keep rolling in. When a company gets as big as say Fox it transcends just one view (political) or idea. When it is all said and done it is about what you can do for me and not what you believe.

Briankbl

Reaction score
To be honest I do not think it would matter one way or another. When it is all said and done money rules all. Family Guy constantly pokes fun at Fox News and yet I am sure Fox is completely ok with it as long as the checks keep rolling in. When a company gets as big as say Fox it transcends just one view (political) or idea. When it is all said and done it is about what you can do for me and not what you believe.
That's the thing. Family Guy is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things, they can get away with saying pretty much whatever they want. Murdoch probably doesn't even know the show exists. Look at his political business dealings. You don't think he'd kill off every news competitor in a heart beat? Sure, sitcoms wouldn't be affected, but every other channel and show would take a right wing conservative Bible thumping shift. Really look into Rupert Murdoch's history and you'll see just how bad things could get.

No more accurate reporting on manmade climate change. Guns guns guns! Go get your guns! Benghazi!!! Impeach Obama! More wars, yes! Etc etc etc etc etc etc.

If you don't think Murdoch would do such things, research him.

Last edited: