FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends

sockeblu

Reaction score
Yeah mine work just fine. You have to download and install all five of the files in order for it to work.

All five? The earlier post I downloaded from had circleconfig.apk, circleconfig.odex, and favorites.apk. Do you have the link for download you used? Thanks

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
In the last couple weeks I have been hiney deep in upgrading my 2 desktops and my laptop ... all new Windows and all new setups and all networked together ... it has been quite a task, but I got 'r done. And then yesterday I wrecked my car. It has been a helluva couple weeks. :p

Geez, maybe you should refrain from working with Windows Desktops while behind the wheel? :D

Just kidding... Sorry to hear about the car. :frown:

Redalert

Reaction score
The circle widget will only work with the new home app. You will have to reboot after installing them. I don't know about a new favorites widget but the one in the OTA will only show the top four favourites, it will not pull down with the new home.
When i say "new" I'm referring to the HD/M apps. The config files will not install me, not rooted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Everything works for me, including favorites it pulls down. My good friend yellow jacket hooked Me up with the update favorites .apk.... give him a shout, or if he doesn't mind I have the , .apk. with his permission I can send....

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

moset

Reaction score
I personally wasn't real impressed with the circle widget. I prefer weather bug for weather and Gsam for battery. Just me.

terryrweems

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to running anything other than stock or OTA updates but I always rooted. I loaded 4.1.2 following the directions in the first post and it works flawlessly and even corrected some issues that I was having with ICS. However when I try to root the phone with the instructions given in the "extra credit" part it is not working for my XT912. I will paste what I get in the box when I run RAZRblade.

[*]
[*] Razr Blade: Motorola Droid Razr 4.1 Root Exploit (Windows version)
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Thanks to p3droid for assistance in testing.
[*]
[*] Note: this will not work on Razr HD, Razr M, etc.
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest Motorola drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Please carefully follow any instructions provided in the exploit.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
[*] Device found.
[*] Phase one...
link failed No such file or directory
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.
[*] Phase two...
/system/bin/sh: cat: /data/data/com.motorola.contextual.fw/files/DataClearJarDex
.jar: No such file or directory
[*] Complete the following steps on your device:
[*] 1. Open the Smart Actions application.
[*] 2. Select "Get Started".
[*] 3. Select "Battery Saver".
[*] 4. Select "Save".
[*] 5. Press the Home button.
[*]
[*] Press enter here once you have completed the above steps.
1131 KB/s (3477 bytes in 0.003s)
/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/data/com.motorola.contextual.fw/files/DataCle
arJarDex.jar: No such file or directory
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Phase three (this will take a minute)...
failed on '/data/logger' - Permission denied
mkdir failed for /data/logger, File exists
Unable to chmod /data/logger: Operation not permitted
link failed File exists
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Phase four...
3097 KB/s (91992 bytes in 0.029s)
2620 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.696s)
2140 KB/s (574184 bytes in 0.262s)
571 KB/s (63838 bytes in 0.109s)
[*] Cleaning up...
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/data/com.motorola.contextual.fw/files/DataCle
arJarDex.jar: No such file or directory
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to exit.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

UPDATE After uninstalling the updates to Smart actions I achieved root without problem. Too bad it took me 3 days to figure that out.

Redalert

Reaction score
I personally wasn't real impressed with the circle widget. I prefer weather bug for weather and Gsam for battery. Just me.

I run circle w. And weather bug. Have gsam as well, I like to have it all. :cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

AJC1616

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to install beats audio to the razr maxx jb ota? If so any problems? The reason I ask is after a google search I saw someone bricked there device another phone. I just do not want to make the same mistake. I have made an nandroid of my system.

sockeblu

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to install beats audio to the razr maxx jb ota? If so any problems? The reason I ask is after a google search I saw someone bricked there device another phone. I just do not want to make the same mistake. I have made an nandroid of my system.

I used the beats audio installer with my rooted JB and its works fine. I belie it says that you need to be rooted to work, which may be why thurs bricked.

helron

Reaction score
A bit off topic,yet on....
If updated to .215 or JB, can w now use a larger SD Card? Specs originally insisted on 32gb maximum. If, so, I may take plunge and install JB leak.
Thanks!

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
Is anyone else dissatisfied with the new tool in jellybean for sizing wallpaper?

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I'm running .215 and rooted.. Do i need roll back to .211 or do i go to class 3 and update to jelly bean and do Extra Credit to obtain root?? I just want to make sure cause I'm bout to update 3 phones. I really appreciate all tha help

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Rockstar, yes you will need to roll back. For the benefit of everyone, unless the update file sees a fully stock .211 version when it does its first check, it will fail. Since the leaked Jelly Bean is now rooted, you don't have to root in advance of rolling back, and you don't have to protect root either. You simply roll back, upgrade, root and enjoy! :icon_ banana:

tha rockstar

Reaction score
OK I'm on JellyBean now...I downloaded that file to root and when I run it daemon starts and looks good at that start. Then I go in Smart Actions to battery saver I hit save, then I hit Home button and then press Enter on PC and phone doesn't do nothing but it says exploit complete!! I checked I opened Titanium Backup and says won't open cause it needs root. Anybody else having this problem??

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
OK I'm on JellyBean now...I downloaded that file to root and when I run it daemon starts and looks good at that start. Then I go in Smart Actions to battery saver I hit save, then I hit Home button and then press Enter on PC and phone doesn't do nothing but it says exploit complete!! I checked I opened Titanium Backup and says won't open cause it needs root. Anybody else having this problem??

I didn't have this exact problem, but I tried several times to root without success. I was only able to obtain root after doing a factory reset.