FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by FoxKat, Jan 9, 2013.

1. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,753
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    Posts 271 through 280;
    • djspy
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #106579
      Join DateAug 2010LocationN. CaliforniaPosts454Liked21 times
      Twitterdjspy
      PhoneMotorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD

Today 12:16 AM
      The redraw problem happens on my Maxx HD as well.​

• mcinvaille
      [​IMG]
      Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #9849
      Join DateNov 2009LocationSCPosts81PhoneDroid RAZR

Today 06:59 AM

[​IMG] Originally Posted by YellowJacket [​IMG]
      OK, I figured out some things about the circles thats cool and worth mentioning (again if previously noted)

Swipe your finger up or down on any of the circles to change it. Swipe your finger down on the battery circle to open the widget settings.

David

Did you figure out the issues with the two APKs not working?​

:motdroidvert: - 1%er

• YellowJacket
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #253897
      Join DateMar 2012LocationKnoxville, TNPosts264Liked47 times
      PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 09:01 AM

[​IMG] Originally Posted by mcinvaille [​IMG]
      Did you figure out the issues with the two APKs not working?

Nope but it seems like everything is working.

Some updates:
      The lag seems to have improved quite a bit and everything runs mostly normal now. In face, some games that I play a lot that have had quite a bit of screen lag in the past (Softclick's Klondike Solitaire) have shown considerable improvement.

I had previously been running Beautiful Widgets and I think it used quite a bit more resources than the Motorola Circles Widget. The big test will be to see how much improvement I see in battery life.

I like al the little "features" such as text messages, missed calls and VM notifications in the clock. Would be nice if there was a email notification too. Cool feature (They can be disabled/enabled in the settings if you so desire - just swipe down on the circle battery indicator to get into settings).

The homescreen configurability seems much more flexible. I have "stacked" lot of my most used app icons in folders to have quick access to them. Yes, this feature was available in ICS and in JB without circles, but is seems to work better now.

FYI - as with ICS and JB, you can also stack icons in the ap drawer too. Been doing that for a while and it adds some cool usefulness to the phone.

For instance, I have stacked my gmail and text messages in the same spot and have stacked my phone and voicemail. Also stacked camera and gallery. All that in the app drawer so it is always visible no matter what screen I am in.

Not sure if this is a new thing to JB or a feature of the Circles Homescreen but the voice commands screen looks a lot different and more "configureable". I just used to double tap my home button to get at it to make calls, etc, so I never really looked at it until last night.

I also found the apk for the updated favorites, installed it and got it working. For those of you for which it seems like it is frozen (swiping down does not work), just reboot and it will work from there on out.

It does not seem like the circlescfg.apk and homescreencfg.apk not installing has made any difference.

FoxKat, et al.

You realy need to start another sticky for the circles widget. Such a cool thing that lots of people are asking for but the "how to" on how to do it is burried in post 89 and others.

Thanks,

David

PS. Big Neurosurgery job interview coming up in a few minutes.... wish me luck!​

Last edited by YellowJacket; Today at 09:08 AM.​

• moset
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #119707
      Join DateSep 2010LocationRural South GAPosts676Liked19 times
      PhoneDroid 1

Today 09:26 AM

Re: FoxKat's RAZR/MAXX to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends!

Updated favorite contacts widget? Anyone know where it might be found?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2​

• YellowJacket
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #253897
      PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 10:14 AM

[​IMG] Originally Posted by moset [​IMG]
      Updated favorite contacts widget? Anyone know where it might be found?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Here you go. See post # 180

FoxKat's RAZR/MAXX to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends!

David​

• venimdenim
      [​IMG]
      Droid Newbie
      [​IMG]

Member #322694
      Join DateJan 2013Posts3PhoneDroid Razr Maxx

Today 10:18 AM

[​IMG] Originally Posted by GotnFX [​IMG]
      Your best bet is go to the very first post of this thread and download. 211 again using the utility. Doing option 1. This will bring you back to stock. 211.

Got it, Thanks! JB is running perfectly!​

• moset
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #119707
      PhoneDroid 1

Today 10:21 AM

Here you go. See post # 180

FoxKat's RAZR/MAXX to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends!

David

Thanks, but it looks like it has to be flashed with root. Am I missing something? No root here so...

• YellowJacket
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #253897
      PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 10:41 AM

Thanks, but it looks like it has to be flashed with root. Am I missing something? No root here so...

Nope, don't need to be rooted. All you need to do is download the favorites.apk and place it in the "downloads" folder on your storage card. From there, tap on it and install as normal.

Once it is installed go into apps and choose widgets. Look for the second favorites widget and drag it to the scren you want it to be on. From there, a menu will pop up asking which widget you want to install (not sure why it does this - may be a bug) and choose the the second favorites in the list (the one that looks like a book icon). After that it will appear on your screen with a message "drag down to open". If doing so does not work for you, simply restart your phone and after that it will work.

David​

• moset
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #119707
      PhoneDroid 1

Today 11:05 AM

Nope, don't need to be rooted. All you need to do is download the favorites.apk and place it in the "downloads" folder on your storage card. From there, tap on it and install as normal.

Once it is installed go into apps and choose widgets. Look for the second favorites widget and drag it to the scren you want it to be on. From there, a menu will pop up asking which widget you want to install (not sure why it does this - may be a bug) and choose the the second favorites in the list (the one that looks like a book icon). After that it will appear on your screen with a message "drag down to open". If doing so does not work for you, simply restart your phone and after that it will work.

David

The download I got was a zip. Looking through all the files inside I find no Apl.
      Download from media fire site. Favorites.zip

• YellowJacket
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #253897
      PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 12:42 PM

The download I got was a zip. Looking through all the files inside I find no Apl.
      Download from media fire site. Favorites.zip

Go to the "My Files" link in the post and download the favorites.apk - thats all you'll need - and load it on your SD card on your phone. From there just tap on it and choose install. Should work after that.

David​

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,753
    Current Phone Model:
    Posts 281 through 290;
    • moset
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #119707
      PhoneDroid 1

Yesterday 12:51 PM

Go to the "My Files" link in the post and download the favorites.apk - thats all you'll need - and load it on your SD card on your phone. From there just tap on it and choose install. Should work after that.

David

I did exactly that. The file on Media fire is listed as favorites.apk, however what it downloads is a zip file. I have looked through every Directory in the zip. There is no Apl.

• SCREWd2V
      [​IMG]
      Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #257342
      Join DateMar 2012Posts61Liked5 times
      PhoneDroid Razr MAXX

Today 12:53 AM
      I don't really understand why you can't got back to ICS. When I bought my Asus transformer tablet,it was on JB. I. Ha$ to downgrade to ICS To rootmy device. Downloaded an old ICS zip file and rooted then voodooed it to keep my root and then took the OTA JB update. Worked like a charm. Why is it not possible for the RAZR?​

• djspy
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #106579
      Join DateAug 2010LocationN. CaliforniaPosts459Liked22 times
      Twitterdjspy

Today 01:07 AM
      It probably has to do with the locked boot loader. Maybe the JB kernel is different than the ICS one and with the locked boot loader there's no way of flashing different kernels.​

FoxKat likes this.

• chelsea22
      [​IMG]
      Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #262370
      Join DateMay 2012Posts50Liked22 times
      PhoneEnter Current Phone Model Here

Today 01:39 AM
      went back to .211 then updated to JB on 12/27.. and everything went smoothly from following FoxKat's instructions. (thanks a bunch!) did the circles widget and the new homescreen tonight. homescreen config says "an existing pack by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed." circle config just says "app not installed" but i can use the homescreen and circles widget.. also can i delete the unzipped file after i installed them?

next thing, i still have the stock keyboard, and i'm not really impressed with it.. after having it for almost two weeks, it hasn't "learned" anything. it also auto-corrects random things and doesn't correct others. i don't know if i need to check my settings or something, but i've tried doing that and i'm coming up blank.

also, when i drag an icon to my homescreen, it won't let me drop it where i want it, it will just go to the very bottom row and drop on a different icon creating a folder, then i can move it out of the folder where i want it. its not a huge deal, but more of a pain that i have to take the extra step..

lastly, this has been a problem since before JB for me, however when its in "vibrate mode" it doesnt vibrate on incoming notifications. i don't want it to always vibrate, just when its in that mode, so ringer mode it should ring, vibrate should vibrate, and silent should be silent.. any suggestions?​

• djspy
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #106579
      Twitterdjspy

Today 01:45 AM
      Chelsea, you're probably going to have to do a Factory Data Reset. When I got the JB Update my keyboard didn't work properly (was complaining to Motorola about why they has taken out keyboard features. That was embarrassing lol :p ) I did an FDR because it is recommended after getting an update and it cleared up my keyboard issues.

As far as the vibrate notifications I feel your pain! Before, on ICS if I had my phone on vibrate when I'd get texts it would vibrate. Not anymore.​

• chelsea22
      [​IMG]
      Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #262370
      Join DateMay 2012Posts50Liked22 times
      PhoneEnter Current Phone Model Here

Today 01:58 AM

[​IMG] Originally Posted by djspy [​IMG]
      Chelsea, you're probably going to have to do a Factory Data Reset. When I got the JB Update my keyboard didn't work properly (was complaining to Motorola about why they has taken out keyboard features. That was embarrassing lol :p ) I did an FDR because it is recommended after getting an update and it cleared up my keyboard issues.

As far as the vibrate notifications I feel your pain! Before, on ICS if I had my phone on vibrate when I'd get texts it would vibrate. Not anymore.

ugh. =( i did two of them after i updated. stupid phone. haha. any ideas on anything else of my "problems"?​

• djspy
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #106579
      Twitterdjspy

Today 02:06 AM
      Try clearing the cache and data for the home screen. You'll have to rearrange your home screen again though.

there is the alight possibility that your phone got messed up during the update process. Verizon issued a statement saying that they were willing to exchange the phone for those users whose phone got messed up because of the update. You may have gotten hit with bad luck. (I'm saying this because you said you already did a couple of FDRs). I don't know if they are able to tell whether you were one of the few that got the OTA or forced the update manually though. Delete the update file and any trace. I think they can peak at your phone with their remote diagnostics tool.​

• YellowJacket
      [​IMG]
      Master Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #253897
      Join DateMar 2012LocationKnoxville, TNPosts273Liked47 times
      PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 08:30 AM
      Chelsea,

I use the free "Thumb Keyboard" and love it. Can set it up as a split KB in landscape and standard in portrait. Very flexible and configurable.... and free.

When palcing icons on the screens, they tend to want to "snap" where they want to go. Just dont release them until you have them where you want. Its a problem with my big fingers.

The two circles packages that didn;t install dont seem to matter. Same thing happened to me and everything is working fine.

Working on figuring out the vibration issue. Seems to work ok for me.

David​

• Krenzy
      [​IMG]
      Senior Droid
      [​IMG]

Member #261225
      Join DateMay 2012Posts154Liked6 times
      PhoneDroid RAZR MAXX

Today 09:48 AM
      I just used my GPS last night for the first time since updating to JB. Has anyone with the RAZR M circles launcher noticed if you swipe the left side toggle screen, and swipe the GPS button that the launcher abruptly stops? By hitting that button I get an "Unfortunately homescreen has stopped" message. Anyone else have this happen, or know of a fix?​

• Chris Geiger
      [​IMG]
      Droid Newbie
      [​IMG]

Member #153471
      Join DateDec 2010Posts1Liked1 times
      PhoneDroid 2

Today 11:16 AM
      Thanks for guide FoxKat. I was not interested in rooting and my phone was a stock Raze Maxx on .211, but wanted to get the JB update, so I started at Class #3 in the instructions. Install was easy and went well and took about 20 minutes to complete. This was the first time I had ever installed a rom on phone.

I did notice that the update deleted the notepad widget and two notes that I had placed on my phone were gone. I found another similar widget called color note in the play store and that works very similar to the Motorola version that disappeared.​

FoxKat likes this.

3. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,753
    Current Phone Model:
    Well, that's all I can find but it's not bad, huh? :frown:

4. diverguy

diverguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    crap! i just had page 30 open in a tab, but i hit refresh to see new posts, and that was when i found out the thread had disappeared. had i know i would have saved the page first. i have all of the other pages cached if you are missing any parts. any way for me to get page 30 back from my cache, or is it totally gone now that i hit refresh?

5. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Whew! You've been busy! Thanks for the hard work!

David

• Like Like x 1
  6. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,753
    Current Phone Model:
    Well if page 30 is gone, no real big deal. It's at the most 10 posts. If you have the others cached, I'd be interested in seeing if we could salvage the missing posts. I managed to recover 17 pages, but
    • page 4 is only the 31st & 32nd posts,
    • page 5 is only 41 through 43,
    • page 6 is posts 51 through 57,
    • we're missing pages 7 through 12, 14 & 16,
    • page 19 is only the 181st post,
    • page 21 is only the 201st post,
    • and we're missing pages 23 through 26 & 30.
    With all the posts I made, I can certainly fit the missing pieces into them. PM me if you think you can help. Thanks! :hail:

7. Redalert

Redalert Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Im a little late, but hope ur wife is feeling better after surgery :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

8. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,753
    Current Phone Model:
    Thank you so much. Oh, and it's never too late to show your compassion and understanding! My wife is a breast cancer survivor, having undergone double mastectomy and 8 months of chemotherapy. It's been a rough and painful road for her, but she's past the hard part now and her demeanor would surprise most people. She is happy, humble and full of vigor. Her focus now is on others in her support group who are going through it, so she can help them. So true to her character. She's my rock and I love her dearly. Thanks again for the well wishes! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. chelsea22

chelsea22 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    so i'm surprised no one has said anything on this subject, but with the circles widget, is there a way to change the message circle so its not the default message app it takes you to and goes to your 3rd party one instead?

Thanks to the person who pointed out the animations thing earlier! i turn my animations off but i never thought that would affect the app placement.

10. helron

helron Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Hi FoxKat!

Hope u and your wife are recovering from her surgery:) Seriously, I hope she is home and doing well.
    Qiuick suggestion. I recommended this site to my sister, nephews and nieces. They loved it, yet found it a bit confusing, and perhaps for new folks, it just may be. Perhaps, it would make sense to publish the first page/ MEAT and POTATOES of this thread, once a week and let folks know that if there are updates, those updates are underlined (or somehow marked)?
    I luv this forum and it has provided much help to me-always!
    The .215 leak is great, and I was going to wait for official VZ OTA but now I suspect it's just a dream..... Now, all I need is the nerve to go for it. Is the CIRCLE issue fixed or is ist still missing on some phones? Wonder just what causes it to fluke ut on some and not others. That's probably the only reason I haven't gone for the JB root.

11. avenged61973

avenged61973 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    If your rooted you can freeze the stock text messaging app using titanium backup or rom toolbox. I don't know if you can disable it in manage apps.

12. Redalert

Redalert Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Of course the plunge was taken. JB installed, circle widget installed and for some stupid reason I'm getting like graphics lag. Has to be the launcher. Example, tap the home button and the manage pages comes up. The zoom in and out of screen select tions has a video lag to it. Not smooth zoom in and out. Come on I want everything perfect damn it. Besides that my experience has been good. Getting use to the home button throwing you all the way to the left now instead of center. I did FDR and cache clear and some sneaky top secret cool tweaks. Anybody else getting same lag thing?

Search tags for this page
droid razr maxx no lte baseband
favorite contact widget motorola razr
foxkat
mattlgroff
motorola droid razr maxx 215 back to 211 rom
no notepad with jelly bean update
on droid razr with .215, how do i recover to .211 in order t

razr maxx jb

razr maxx jelly bean update

smart action 4.2.2.4 apk.0