FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends

avenged61973

Reaction score
It means you are on a home network

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Redalert

Reaction score
4y7ebeby.jpg

Off topic, but can anybody tell me what that symbol is beside the signal bar?

Ur on a network extender

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

itzjusmee

Reaction score
I'm not getting bad battery life but my android os is taking a lot of juice. A lot more than ics would use. I have Google now pretty much shut down and that helps a lot. I'm going to try a few charge cycles and foxcat my battery and hope for the best.

Neither am I, but it's nowhere near what i was getting when i first got my phone last april. I'm talking i would get 2 days of moderate use without charging and at least a day of heavy use. I keep my brightness low, almost to the point where i cant see at times, my cpu is underclocked, bg data is off, no wifi scanning or bluetooth on and location services are off. The only widget ive ever used on this phone period is the new circles widget but it isnt synced due to bg data being off. I like JB and all but I'm highly considering going back to a gingerbread based rom.

jpatterson

Reaction score
I am trying to get back to stock .211 and unroot. I followed the instructions and when I run step 1 it gets stuck on "waiting for device". I have tried using two different stock chargers with no luck. Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? Is there a better way to get back to stock .211?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am trying to get back to stock .211 and unroot. I followed the instructions and when I run step 1 it gets stuck on "waiting for device". I have tried using two different stock chargers with no luck. Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? Is there a better way to get back to stock .211?

There are a lot of little things that you need to do and if not done, you may have problems. Go through the following to double check that these were done and it should solve your problem.

*make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
*make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
*In settings, go to “Security" and check “Unknown sources."

Don't forget to make sure your phone is charged to at least 50% (preferably 100%).

Also, not sure which method you may be using but I have good luck with Matt's 1.82 utility, found here....

Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com
*Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer.
*Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
*Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable.
*On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I would also love to know how certain people are getting this so called "phenomenal" battery life with moderate use. I'm not seeing any different from ICS... :/

You won't the first few days. Let it settle in a few days. Also, clear your cache and one night turn it off to charge (if you can). I regularly get close to 40 hours but have gotten close to 60 a time or two in very good signal areas.

David

helron

Reaction score
Motorola has acknowledged that MASSIVE updates began yesterday, and that soakers SHOULD have received JB OTA. They have provided soakers who have not been upgraded with a survey. Moto seems to be concerned as to whether or not soakers ran ANY non stock on phone or did a FDR in the past day or two. Why?

My family has 3 Razrs. He is the breakdown on updates:
1. Sis is a soaker, received NO Update. Alway on stock. Reg. w Moto. She is so annoyed! LOL
2. Me: No update yet. -- However, I reverted from .215 to .211 in February, weeks
and did FDR at that time. I registered w Moto but not for soaking because of .215 on phone.
3. Husband on stock always, yet received OTA Thurs. morning. Never registered Razr w Moto. He's delighted, we're not!

Waiting for my sister to give me more info.

Sent using Tapatalk

helron

Reaction score
You won't the first few days. Let it settle in a few days. Also, clear your cache and one night turn it off to charge (if you can). I regularly get close to 40 hours but have gotten close to 60 a time or two in very good signal areas.

David

I hated ICS .211 battery! Iran .215 and my battery greatly improved. But, I reverted to .211 in anticipation of JB OTA and one again, my .211 system eats my battery. I've done the battery thing several times (drain, turn off, full charge-2x). Good for a few days then sucks. Been running phone on 3G because 4G kills battery in a few hours Of usage. Also wifi sucks, too. So, IMHO I do believe my phone hates ICS 211. ISC 215 was GREAT for battery.

Sent using Tapatalk

Redsnk95

Reaction score

I had the same problem when using the utility on my desktop computer. I was trying to use one of the crappy front side USB ports...and it would just sit there saying waiting on device. I then changed to a dedicated USB port on the back side of the desktop and it worked great. I had to unplug my external hard drive to use that USB port. This is on a Win7 machine.

itzjusmee

Reaction score
I'm not getting bad battery life but my android os is taking a lot of juice. A lot more than ics would use. I have Google now pretty much shut down and that helps a lot. I'm going to try a few charge cycles and foxcat my battery and hope for the best.

I do believe FoxKat's name has effectively become a verb. LOL :biggrin:

Also, If you are rooted you can download SetCPU to underclock your processor to cut down on some of the juice used by the OS.

itzjusmee

Reaction score

David

I did a FDR while reverting back to .211 and cleared my cache before upgrading to JB. :/ I almost never use 4G, and the majority of the time I'm getting anywhere from 3-5 bars on 3G.

sakana

Reaction score
Thanks, Sakana!
Just did FDR (215-211). Thought of reinstall makes me queasy;-)
Can I just clear cache, and then when ready to root (after getting acquainted with JB) do the FDR.
Once rooted I can back up and restore quickly instead of days?:angry:
will need help rooting. Never did it before. Can't imagine it's hard to follow great directions on the Board, but who knows, what may happen.:biggrin:
Thx for the help. I appreciate your feedback and do realize that FDR is the best way to go! Will most likely do it. LOL

You can just clear cache but that alone wont fix issues if your having them. Rooting is easy, just fallow the steps for the 1.82 utility (if your on .211). It takes a couple minuets to do. If your back on .211 then just root now and get TB to back up everything. If you have it set for google to back you up then google will restore all your apps for you. You will lose your txt messages and call logs unless you use some of the apps FoxKat recommends to back those up.

sakana

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this over 215? If so, what happened.

I'm not sure its worth trying since going to .211 is easy. Plus the ones who tried it with the Christmas leak the update just failed so I would presume the same would happen here.

sakana

Reaction score
Folks, are u going to wait or do it on your own??? Real?

I'm sure its real, a soak tester just captured the file before installing it.

Personally I'll wait and try to get to OTA one. But I am downloading it to have as a backup.