FoxFi Works On Verizon Again!

gbambach

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
All, I saw a few updates on internet that FoxFi is working again... I just tried it on my Samsung GS5 w/ Verizon unlimited data plan and YES, it worked!! By the way, I had filed a complaint w/ FCC about it on Nov 23, 2015. On Nov 25, Verizon called me to let me know they had received the complaint from the FCC and per the process, they would investigate and would copy me on their reply to the FCC. Not sure if this helped in resolving the FoxFi issue, but would certainly encourage all of us to report issue to FCC if it happens again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine doesn't work again on my note edge..it says I need to subscribe to vzw..after deleting all of the apps (I have the paid edition) and reinstalling..it worked once..and hasn't since

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
All, I saw a few updates on internet that FoxFi is working again... I just tried it on my Samsung GS5 w/ Verizon unlimited data plan and YES, it worked!! By the way, I had filed a complaint w/ FCC about it on Nov 23, 2015. On Nov 25, Verizon called me to let me know they had received the complaint from the FCC and per the process, they would investigate and would copy me on their reply to the FCC. Not sure if this helped in resolving the FoxFi issue, but would certainly encourage all of us to report issue to FCC if it happens again.

What was your complaint? That VZW said that you couldn't violate the terms of your contract? LOL

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
What was your complaint? That VZW said that you couldn't violate the terms of your contract? LOL
That's about right considering VZW's contract is in violation.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
No internet at home?

What year is it? LOL

Using your phone to power your home and playstation and all that, is WHY VZW hates UDP plans and FoxFi... haha

People complaining about not being able to violate their contract and what they signed their name and agree to, cracks me up every time. This feeling of entitlement, that just because they have gotten away with stealing for years, that they are somehow entitled to it now, indefinitely, just has me shaking my head...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's about right considering VZW's contract is in violation.

How is VZW in violation?

The FCC said that they could not block tethering apps on *tiered* plans. That's the law that was passed. It didn't cover UDP, and unless he is paying the extra Mobile Connect plan on his UDP, Verizon isn't violating anything.

The FCC ruling said that if you are on a tiered plan and paying for 10GB, you can use that 10GB any way you like.

If he is using FoxFi rather than the built in app, that tells me he is on UDP or this wouldn't be an issue, as VZW supports and even promotes free tethering on their tiered plans, in accordance with the law.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
What year is it? LOL

Using your phone to power your home and playstation and all that, is WHY VZW hates UDP plans and FoxFi... haha

People complaining about not being able to violate their contract and what they signed their name and agree to, cracks me up every time. This feeling of entitlement, that just because they have gotten away with stealing for years, that they are somehow entitled to it now, indefinitely, just has me shaking my head...
Doesn't seem to be stealing Bro.. the terms of its settlement with the FCC, Verizon made a voluntary $1.25 million payment to the U.S. Treasury. The carrier has also notified Google that it no longer objects to the tethering apps. And the carrier also said that it will no longer charge customers using third party apps an additional fee for using their smartphones as wireless modems.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be stealing Bro.. the terms of its settlement with the FCC, Verizon made a voluntary $1.25 million payment to the U.S. Treasury. The carrier has also notified Google that it no longer objects to the tethering apps. And the carrier also said that it will no longer charge customers using third party apps an additional fee for using their smartphones as wireless modems.

It does if you actually read the law. Most don't. They just read the headline of "FCC Tells VZW they can't block tethering" and they stop there.

The Right to Tether: What the Verizon/FCC Settlement Means to You

The law says they cannot block them on tiered data plans, but if they want to tether on UDP, then you have to pay a tethering fee.

If he isn't paying that, then he is stealing, in essence.

Yes, someone will jump in and yell at me for "talking about this again"... But the reality is that people keep posting these threads, and people who didn't read the law and feel that they are not only entitled to something that they signed in their contract that they wouldn't do, that they know is a TOS violation... and they still want to pretend to be the victim.

It's silly.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
People always feel they are the victim. It's a fine line. They had 3rd party tethering ability until VZW had Google remove the Apps and VZW also blocked the Apps.
Then VZW offered their Mobile Connect App for an additional fee. It's only human nature to feel victimized when you have something, then its taken away and then... you can have it back for a fee. They can only use their contracted data amount. So who cares how it's used. If they go over they pay.. So I say give them a break. Let them use their 2G, 4G, 10G or whatever they are paying for anyway they wish to use it.

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No internet at home?
Why does that matter?? It's a good quick test for bandwidth.. Hook up to it and if it goes..good..disconnect..if not..its too slow..

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm gonna say this..I don't get dragged down into this "debate".. But if i feel the need to ever do more than check my connection by having my son link to a device to check the bandwidth...I'll do so.. Both sides of this story have been beaten black n blue. So...I say this...get over it..people will do what they will do. As such..vzw has screwed more honest customers out of money in their stupid little cash grabs...than any of us could hope to " cheat them out of"... Also if you think vzw doesn't watch their back, you've got another thing coming..I have personally seen them boot people for using a terabyte of data. I'm lucky to use 10 gigs in a heavy month...

Also..what's the saying?? Oh..keep your eyes on your own paper..and I'm gonna deal with mine..