Foxfi update

brobox

Reaction score
I deleted FoxFi... Deleted the certificate, rebooted a couple times... Still can't go back to a "no lock" screen.

Did FoxFi put another certificate or whatever someplace else?

Go to settings/Secrity & Screen Lock/Screen lock and select none.

wwdroid

Reaction score
Thanks...have tried that...first thing I tried actually...that option is greyed out...see pic:

Screenshot_2013-05-09-21-36-23.png

recDNA

Reaction score
If anyone figures out a way to get rid of the app and certificate and eliminate any kind of pin, password, or gesture to unlock the phone please post the steps.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

mm971106

Reaction score
If anyone figures out a way to get rid of the app and certificate and eliminate any kind of pin, password, or gesture to unlock the phone please post the steps.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

It's actually really easy. Just uninstall the app, then go into settings -> security --> and under credentials --> clear all credentials. This is safe because it only removes user installed credentials and it will absolutely remove the greyed out area and required password.

Also it will not remove any data.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually was able to complete this without deleting the app (I usually USB tether and hate the lock screen).
Go to Systems Settings > Security and Screen lock > Clear Credentials.
Once this is done, you can then select None for screen lock.

SallyC

Reaction score
I actually was able to complete this without deleting the app (I usually USB tether and hate the lock screen).
Go to Systems Settings > Security and Screen lock > Clear Credentials.
Once this is done, you can then select None for screen lock.

Yes - this is what worked for me too. It's a two step process. But realize, after clearing the credentials, when you go back to settings and select screen lock, you will still need to enter your pattern to get the screen where you can select None.

jacobimh

Reaction score
FoxFi Issues

I found that if I have the lock screen set on pattern, then I don't get the Credential Storage Password question, and I connect fine.