Foxfi update

audinutt

Reaction score
Use the free version then, this is ludacris to whine about a $8 app that otherwise functions free. In fact use the free version if you are that cheap.
If you want it completely free, root your phone and use wifi tether.

Geez some people $8.00, really?

Get over yourself.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Some want free to work perfectly and remain free.....:icon_eek:

Seeing how much trouble this is still causing, glad I rooted and used the Mueller app. Took all of about 5 minutes for everything.

recDNA

Reaction score
Use the free version then, this is ludacris to whine about a $8 app that otherwise functions free. In fact use the free version if you are that cheap.
If you want it completely free, root your phone and use wifi tether.

Geez some people $8.00, really?

Get over yourself.

It isn't "whining". If you pay 8 bucks for the year and it either never works or stops working in less than a year it is perfectly fair to expect some sort of refund. (beyond the generous 15 minutes you get to try it out)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jmanches

Reaction score
If it works for one month then you are saving more than the app costs(rather than paying Verizon $20). Perhaps the developer likes making money for making/keeping the app up to date. That greedy son of a gun!

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Whelp - I did some of that - deleted the "User" certificate (not "all" as there is a slider on upper screen under credentials). Re-started foxfi and walked me through another authentication. Noticed there was a message about choosing "pattern" for security instead of PIN. Oops. That's were I eff'd up. Anyway, it didn't change anything. Rebooted. Nothing. I think I might have to do a fresh install. UGH. Double UGH. more time more time more time...

That's interesting. I set mine up originally with a PIN and then after realizing it would be on my home screen unlock as well, went into settings and changed it to "pattern". It worked fine with no reboot required. Now it just requires the pattern unlock on the home screen, but not for Foxfi and no PIN unlock at all.

Tom Williams

Reaction score
That's interesting. I set mine up originally with a PIN and then after realizing it would be on my home screen unlock as well, went into settings and changed it to "pattern". It worked fine with no reboot required. Now it just requires the pattern unlock on the home screen, but not for Foxfi and no PIN unlock at all.
Mine is like yours. I would like to get rid of the screen lock and go back to the slide to unlock.
Any suggestions?

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Mine is like yours. I would like to get rid of the screen lock and go back to the slide to unlock.
Any suggestions?

Me too but I don't think it's possible right now. I never used any kind of lock on my phone so this is a bit of a pain but a small price to pay for Wifi tether. I tested it and it works perfectly. If Verizon figures out how to disable it again I still have PDAnet usb and Bluetooth tether so it's $8 well spent.

And complaining about $8????? I can find that in change on the floor of my car.

brobox

Reaction score
I have updated it and non of my computers will pick up on the wifi.

I had the same problem...I had to change the security setting on my laptop from WPA to the new setting for Foxfi of WPA2. Wifi signal was recognized and took right off.

As for the 8 bucks for Foxfi...if the developer is not entitled to $8.00 for what he has given us, by all means pay Verizon or root.

recDNA

Reaction score
I had the same problem...I had to change the security setting on my laptop from WPA to the new setting for Foxfi of WPA2. Wifi signal was recognized and took right off.

As for the 8 bucks for Foxfi...if the developer is not entitled to $8.00 for what he has given us, by all means pay Verizon or root.

I don't think anybody including me has a complaint if the app continues to work. I just think a partial refund is in order if vzw blocks the app within the one year subscription period.

brobox

Reaction score
I don't think anybody including me has a complaint if the app continues to work. I just think a partial refund is in order if vzw blocks the app within the one year subscription period.

What is the problem?? Verizon blocked it and Foxfi fixed it. There is NO one year "subscription period" so where are you pulling that from? I have read the app overview and their website from end to end and you might want to do the same thing before misstating your OWN thoughts on a GREAT app. If you don't like it pay... Verizon $20 a month...the only guarantee you will get from Verizon is a price increase.

Sent from my netbook using "FREE" Foxfi.

recDNA

Reaction score
I I DO like the app. I only said if/when a paid app no longer works within 1 year of purchase (and i hope it never does!) some sort of refund is fair. I am NOT criticizing THIS app! It's spectacular as long as it works and I hope it works forever!

Example... you pay 8 bucks for docs to go, one month later we get an update making the app unusable. I would expect the developer to either fix the app or give me a refund. Does that make sense?

I love, love, love Foxfi!

brobox

Reaction score
I I DO like the app. I only said if/when a paid app no longer works within 1 year of purchase (and i hope it never does!) some sort of refund is fair. I am NOT criticizing THIS app! It's spectacular as long as it works and I hope it works forever!

Example... you pay 8 bucks for docs to go, one month later we get an update making the app unusable. I would expect the developer to either fix the app or give me a refund. Does that make sense?

I love, love, love Foxfi!

No. Foxfi is NOT Walmart, there is no money back guarantee, you need Verizon.

hunter9604

Reaction score
Me too but I don't think it's possible right now. I never used any kind of lock on my phone so this is a bit of a pain but a small price to pay for Wifi tether. I tested it and it works perfectly. If Verizon figures out how to disable it again I still have PDAnet usb and Bluetooth tether so it's $8 well spent.

And complaining about $8????? I can find that in change on the floor of my car.

+1
It said I need a minimum 4 characters, so please disregard this message

wwdroid

Reaction score
I deleted FoxFi... Deleted the certificate, rebooted a couple times... Still can't go back to a "no lock" screen.

Did FoxFi put another certificate or whatever someplace else?