Foxfi and update.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Rumor has it that the newest update won't play nice with Foxfi. Is that correct?

wildbill86

Reaction score
Correct, foxfi won't work with 4.3 update. I was very depressed.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Well that is tragic news. Looks like I will have to forgo the joys of upgrading. Not sure what I would do without Foxfi. The update is optional, correct? Or do I need to take precautions?

Tonik

Reaction score
Well that is tragic news. Looks like I will have to forgo the joys of upgrading. Not sure what I would do without Foxfi. The update is optional, correct? Or do I need to take precautions?

Sooner or later it will update on its own. Freeze the update app or rename it. SDM 1.0 is the app to freeze.

wildbill86

Reaction score
Foxfi is the only thing that kept me from rooting this phone. It should be fun to root again now that I have to, just hope it doesn't take too long for a new root exploit.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Found the app, and all i can do is force stop it, which wont solve the issue. Apparently i need to be rooted to freeze the app. Haven't looked much into rooting this phone since it is so darn awesome, but it looks like the time may have come. Suppose I will flip to the GS3 rooting forum, and see where things are at. Thanks.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Foxfi work with 4.3 again. Open up click on activate wifi hotspot. And follow the instructions. It is not a update through the play store. You just have to set up a lock screen pattern or password. It works on my S3 and my note 2.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Well that's interesting. Has anyone else gotten it to work after the update. Haven't rooted yet, but just downloaded the one click method from the other development page.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well that's interesting. Has anyone else gotten it to work after the update. Haven't rooted yet, but just downloaded the one click method from the other development page.

As jgmecarter wrote above, plus I've gotten a pin code lockscreen to work as well.
It's a bit of a workaround but it works once you setup it up.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
That's awesome news. It's a strange work around, can't imagine why the lockscreen would have anything to do with Foxfi, but if it works...
Thanks

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is working for me. I had to go through a few pages and acknowledge some messages but it looks like it now automatically establishes a VPN so that, IMHO, is great!

ecbranch5

Reaction score
How do you get the pin screen off after doing this? I've did this and it does work but now all the other option for the lock screen are ghosted out! Any ideas?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It worked for me also for a while, but today I can not connect anymore, I keep getting this message in a pop-up box saying "Enter password for credential storage", what the f is that all about, previously it only asked me to create a lock-screen pattern or pin, I don't get that option anymore, only the credential one, what credential, I don't have one.