FoxFi and ICS on Razr Maxx

hailster

Reaction score
After the ICS update I am no longer able to use FoxFi. It will start a hotspot and I can connect to it on my computer but I am not able to get internet access.
I have tried restarting the phone, as the FoxFi developers suggested and have read that some people had luck by changing to LTE/CDMA/EVDO by going into *#*#4636#*#* this also did not work. I have tried renaming the network along with turning off encryption with luck.

Does anyone have any other ideas on what I could try? I don't use tethering too often but it's a feature I like to have available.

jch81

Reaction score
I should add that I have also tried restarting the phone.

I use a windows computer to connect to it. When i first tried to use it after ics the signal became visible but I had no internet access through it. I let my computer do a diagnostic test on the connection and it didnt really do anything but after about 5 minutes of no access it just started working and has been fine since then.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
FoxFi has worked flawlessly for me on ICS but never rooted and also did fdr before and after ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

dmisc

Reaction score
Updated last night. Connected a friend iPad to foxfi earlier today w/o any problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk