Fox fi has stooped its support for the older free versions and now forces update

Hysterics

Reaction score
Also they could have gone about charging people differently. They could have implemented adds and provided a pay version of foxfi without the adds. They could have simply created pop up messages when you log in warning people that it would become a pay to use app in the near future. They could have done quite a few things more user friendly but instead they chose to do what they did and i dont feel good supporting that mentality.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
IMO, if you use the app a lot, $7.00 ain't nothing.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also they could have gone about charging people differently. They could have implemented adds and provided a pay version of foxfi without the adds. They could have simply created pop up messages when you log in warning people that it would become a pay to use app in the near future. They could have done quite a few things more user friendly but instead they chose to do what they did and i dont feel good supporting that mentality.

IMO, if you use the app a lot, $7.00 ain't nothing.

The beauty of capitalism is we can speak with our wallets.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Reaction score
I've used Foxfi for months now as my home internet connection. I bridge the connection with my Cisco router running DD-WRT. Surprisingly, it's by far the best app for this purpose. The only issue I have with Foxfi is that it doesn't always toggle the connection on the first attempt. Sometimes I have to turn the hotspot off and on a few times. I plan to buy Foxfi soon. (Although I don't know what I'll do once I upgrade my Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean) There's two other alternatives I've tried out.

You can use the app "Power Toggles" to use the default mobile hotspot. Somehow it must bypass the Verizon features. Just click the mobile hotspot icon within the power toggles bar. However, with that being said, on my Samsung Galaxy S3 I have trouble with it holding a solid connection. Every once in a while it stops working for a minute or so. From what I've heard, this does work in Jellybean unlike Foxfi.

The other app I used is the Wifi Tether app that is commonly used in rooted phones. This app struggles for some odd reason to stay bridged with my router. The connection speed drastically changes which fluctuates the quality of my Smart TV Netflix app. Occasionally it drops the connection with my router. I may try some of the other wifi tether apps for rooted phones.

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Hysterics said:

Exactly how I feel. They left a nasty taste in my mouth

Hysterics

Reaction score
Most people here are talking about Verizon shutting off access to tethering, my situation is that i did a software update to my galaxy notes Os upgrading it to ICS at which point i could no longer tether or use my hotspot. Is this actually due to my carrier or is this a software update?