Foward prank calls...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by MM1 Payne (US Navy), Feb 9, 2010.

1. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

MM1 Payne (US Navy) New Member

Like everyone eles I do get "prank calls" but I was wondering if there was any way to foward it to the cops or something before I pick it up..its starting to piss me off.. I would appreciate someones help in this matter.. thanks..
  2. mikes

mikes New Member

Google Voice will let you use Call Presentation to listen to a caller before answering or sending to VM. No opportunity to forward, though.

Do you have Prince Albert in a can? :rofl3:
  3. iPirate

iPirate New Member

I have never been prank called.

Do you know who is calling you? Call their parents lol
  4. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

I have a couple ideas on to who it may be but I don't know for sure.
  5. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Don't know if this will help, but you can send the calls straight to voicemail if they're coming from the same number / person. Just open your contacts and add that number / person, if they're not already in there. Once they're added, open that contact and touch menu / options / and check the incoming calls box and they'll go straight to voicemail from now on.
  6. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

That would be amazing but it popps up as an unknown number...
  7. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Of course it does. Any way to block 'blocked numbers' on your account? Like until they unblock their number they get a message that says 'this caller does not accept anonymous numbers' kind of thing? It might be worth a call to Verizon to find out.
  8. 00bear

00bear New Member

just be a tattle teller and call 911
  9. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

Id rather find out who it is and break someones face personally.. I'm good at that.. But I assume I have no choice but to call verizon and go from there..Thank you everyone.
  10. mikes

mikes New Member

That's a good way to get yourself arrested. A prank call is hardly an emergency.
  11. tc122701

tc122701 New Member

Call filter in the market allows you to block unwanted or unknown callers
  12. Duc748s

Duc748s New Member

tc122701 - Thanks for the heads up, I was looking for something like this. My last phone I had a drunk (or druggie) chick keep calling me at 3:30AM. She would never tell me if she was hot :-(
  13. HolyGrail

HolyGrail Premium Member Premium Member

I posted this some time ago, so it may help. You can also block unknown numbers this way. Just change it in the Google page settings.

This tutorial is for those that want the blocked call message to come up for your Verizon number and your Google Voice number.

This is from my own trial and error testing. I don’t know if any of these steps is not needed, but I will give all the steps that I used to get it to work. If you have anything to add, please do. I will be using the PC to change most settings on Google Voice, because I find it to be the best way.
    If possible have another phone you can test this with.

To lessen confusion, and keep from having to repeat words over and over, here is a list of words and description of their use.

1)Block call message = Tone..Tone…Tone….Were sorry you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again.
    2)Verizon Number = Your main number, not your Google Voice number.
    3)Google Voice number = google voice number. :)

Do it this way. Do I know why it works this way? No. Does it work this way? Yes, and as long as its working that’s all the matters to me. When I would call my Google Voice number the block call message would come on correctly, but when I called from my Verizon number I would ring a few times then I would get a busy signal. This way makes the block call message show up on both. Here is how to do this:

Step 1) Forward Number.
    First open up Google Voice app, click menu button, settings, making calls, check “ Do not use Google Voice to make all calls (you can put your settings back later). Exit out.
    Go to Google Voice on your PC, click “settings”, under Phone Tab, click “show advanced settings”, under forward options make sure you have “Go straight to voicemail checked” and click on “Activate”. A popup will appear with instructions to forward your phone. Do it this way
    Yes I know you can set up forwarding through the phone way, but for whatever reason as I stated above, the phone way will only allow you to hear the block call message on your Google Voice number , not on your Verizon number. You will just hear a busy signal.

Step 2) Blocking Calls (Do this on the PC)
    Ok , set whatever number you want to block to your contacts. After this click on this contact and you will see “Edit Google Voice Settings” Click this, In here you will see “When this contact calls you:” in bold, Click “edit”. Now Click on the bottom circle. In the drop box set it to block caller. Click save.
    From here on when that number calls you using your Google Voice number will instantly get the block call message. If they call you from your Verizon number they will hear a few rings first then the block call message will come up.
    Now because the Verizon number rings a few times before the block call message, your phone will still ring but here is how to stop that. :)

Step 3) Stop Incoming calls (Do this on the Phone)
    Click on Phone, Contacts, Click on the blocked contact, click menu button, click Options, check Incoming calls.
    This will stop the phone from ringing, so now no matter which number your block number calls, it will hear the block call message.

Now this is the way I got it to work. If anyone has finds a simpler way I will gladly update this post.
  14. Duc748s

Duc748s New Member

Awesome HolyGrail - Thanks for the tips! I don't know if it will help MM1 Payne as the number that calls him is blocked.

When I got fed up with the 3:30 AM calls I would answer the phone "Detective [insert name here] " Calls came to a halt after the next few times.
  15. Anonymouse

Anonymouse New Member

You can also set up TrapCall to unblock numbers, I did that with my Dare, but I don't know if I can get TrapCall to integrate with GV.
  16. Duc748s

Duc748s New Member

Does the OP have Google voice? I didn't see it mentioned
  17. ice456789

ice456789 New Member

FYI - I worked in a call center for Sprint for a while and we could see the number that called you, even if they blocked it. The only problem is that you have to get a customer service rep with better than average intelligence (because it isn't easy to do) and then motivate them (because they're not supposed to do it).

Other than that, I'd use google voice. Anonymous calls can be blocked or forced into your call presentation where they have to say their name.
  18. astscott

astscott New Member

theres an app for that!
    callfilter
    blocks privite number payfones and unknown calls

i had a problem with this girls bf blowin up my fone so i got his number saved and it sends right to voicemail and this send all the rest
  19. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

Thats what im looking for!, Although i wish there was some way i could get a good laugh from thier stupidity like (forwarding it to 911 thus them prankcalling the cops) THAT would be PERFECT! But thank you nonetheless Much love Mi bredren dem. Ya mon
  20. takeshi

takeshi New Member

It's definitely simpler if you only use your GV number. All I have to do is block the caller via the GV site. :D
Search tags for this page
app that says number is disconnected

call forwarding prank

call forwarding prank numbers
fake disconnected number

fake disconnected phone message

fake phone disconnected message

forward prank calls
phone disconnected app
prank call forwarding
prank call numbers
pretend phone is disconnected