Found Exchange Calendar Bug w/2.3.4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Enter Calendar entry in Outlook running on Exchange 2003.
Synchs to DINC2 within 10 seconds.
It's almost instant.
Now CHANGE the entry in Outlook to a different time -or- date. That change NEVER gets sent back to the DINC2.
How I tested this:
I reset my phone. It reset back to 2.3.3.
(I did not realize this at the time or I would have rooted, damnit. It no longer resets to 2.3.3)
Tested the Calendar. It worked perfect. Change was reflected on the phone in less then 10 seconds.
Went to test some other Droids.
Droid Bionic: worked as expected. Entries and updates reflected near instantly.
HTC Droid Incredible 2.3.3: Changes/Entries instantly
Moto Droid 3: as above.
Moto Droid 1: as above.
Went back to my desk. Phone said update available. My brain shortcircuited and I hit UPDATE, not realizing it was updating to 2.3.4.
After update, tested the Calendar thing again WHICH WORKED FINE BEFORE UPDATE. It NO LONGER worked on my Dinc2.
Entries: instant. Changes: never.
That's when I checked version and saw 2.3.4. Reset phone again.... it no longer resets to 2.3.3.

Called HTC. The reply? Oh that's a compatability issue with Exchange 2003.
Really.
Really?
/pissed
It work on the Dinc1. Works fine in 2.3.3 on the Dinc2. Works on the 2.3.4 Droid3.
But somehow... ONLY on the Dinc2 with 2.3.4 it doesn't work???

This is totally not a big deal for me. I don't use my calendar at all. My boss has a big issue with it and I may have found a free workaround... I will report back when I am sure
....but be honest HTC. Don't BS me. It's not an incompatible Exchange 2003...
THAT ticks me off. And leads me to believe it won't get fixed...

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Kind of surprises me how very few people here use their phones with Exchange on this forum.

Well if you have this problem and want to fix it without spending any money, look in the market for "Exchange with ExMail free".
You have to type all that in. This is a brand new app so it ranks super low when you search for "exchange" or any other term you might think of. My bosses secretary found it and it took me forever to find it until I searched for those exact terms. Yesterday it had less then 100 downloads. Super new.
And, of course, secretary is all smug and proud of herself because she managed to fix the bosses issue. lolol

*Note I am not affiliated with Exmail. In fact, I didn't even install it because, as I said, I don't use the calendar much at all. Just tested it on the bosses Dinc2.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Kind of off topic but there is a way to root your phone. You can downgrade the software to 2.3.3 then root using the revolutionary method. I made a post explaining it. Search "how to root incredible 2 with 2.3.4 explained". If you have any questions let me know.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea I saw that thread. Appreciate that very much. I have been watching it. Will probably try it next week.
Actually do have a question which I will post over there when ready.