Found Droid

helios173

Reaction score
I recently found a Motorola Droid. I have tried contacting the previous owner but they haven't replied to any messages I've left. At some point I will assume they're not interested in reclaiming it. I already own a droid, so I have no interest in using it myself. Could I reset it and sell it (assuming the previous owner doesn't come claim it?)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could, but it likely will have it's number locked. Best to just return it to a VZ store and have them get it back to the owner.

Just my opinion.

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
Not if they report the phone missing our stolen. Verizon will block the esn. Just verizon if they can return it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently found a Motorola Droid. I have tried contacting the previous owner but they haven't replied to any messages I've left. At some point I will assume they're not interested in reclaiming it. I already own a droid, so I have no interest in using it myself. Could I reset it and sell it (assuming the previous owner doesn't come claim it?)

Bring it back to VZW let them handle the situation..

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
You could, but it likely will have it's number locked. Best to just return it to a VZ store and have them get it back to the owner.

Just my opinion.

Just beat me by a hair.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

alphawave7

Reaction score
Why implicate yourself in possible receiving/reselling property not yours...return to a VZN store, and pay it forward...karma. ;)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please return it to the store. They can contact the owner because they will have their contact information for the customer. If you sell the phone on eBay or keep it in your possession, well, you're in possession of stolen property plain and simple. I'm hopeful you will do the right thing and take it to your nearest corporate VZW store. Or use that phone and dial *611 and tell them you have it and they will make sure it gets into the right hands.

OP
H

helios173

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll return it to Verizon then. I certainly don't want people to think I stole it lol. I'm actually trying to return it to the owner. Thanks for the opinions guys.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
at least return it and u get the SD card out of it

that is stealing as well.. Just return the phone.. expect nothing in return and you wont be dissapointed :icon_eek:

OP
H

helios173

Reaction score
you're in possession of stolen property plain and simple.

Its certainly not stolen. It was locked in the safe (where we lock valuable things left in our store) when I transfered here. I asked if anyone had tried to find out who's it was and since I have a droid, I put it on my car charger to turn it on and see. I have, in no way, stolen it.

Anyways, I'll just return it to a VZ store, wasn't sure what the options where on it.

OP
H

helios173

Reaction score
I have no need for the SD card or anything. I'll just turn in to VZ store.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Finding a unit doesn't necessarily make you in possesion of stolen property, you have no clue at that point of it's status: lost, trashed, actually stolen, etc.

Which is why taking it back to the store absolves you of that accusation!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I agree with the masses.

Drop it off at the nearest Verizon store and move on with life.