Found Droid Incredible, can it be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rovagu22

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So i go to college and theirs alot of partying going on, my neighbors had a party and the next day I found a Droid Incredible next to my car. I tried to find its owner but had no luck doing so. Its been 2 months and i still have it on my desk, the phone has been disconnected by the owner.

So my question is, can the phone be used? Can it be activated by someone else? I have a Droid X so i don't need to activate it, but maybe someone else can.

Thanks

cpjr

Reaction score
You really couldnt find the owner by calling any of his contacts? Wow. Phone is useless.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
No it can't, VZW blacklists the phone. Pretty much useless other then for parts IMO. I found a DX, took it in and was just handed it back by the VZW rep.

Sent from Droid2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon can look up who it belongs to by the MEID and get it back to them. As far as anyone else using it, I'm pretty sure it will come up as lost or stolen so it wouldn't be able to be activated.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Do the right thing and call Verizon. They will know who the phone belongs to.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Take it back to VZW - it is the right thing to do

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, the best thing to do with it is turn it in to a Verizon Store. If the owner made an insurance claim then it belongs to the insurance company. In any case it's not yours and we won't discuss any way to activate it. With that being said I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.