Found an app that works with front camera

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
So theres an app on the market called vtok and it actually works with the front camera on the droid 3. Link to the app is below its a lil choppy but it works perfectly sound is great and like i said video is a tad choppy but standable. Other thing is it only pulls some of the contacts (it looks like just the ones that can video chat with you either via phone or webcam.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skymobius.vtok&feature=search_result

enjoy!

edit: it may open a close a few times on its own when you open it but thats the only glitch with it it seems like its trying to pull in your gtalk contacts.

Last edited:

rkalive

Reaction score
Tried this last night with my charge to laptop. I could only use my rear facing camera. I noticed in the settings it has a check box that says enable rear camera only. Am I missing something? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Fr33dom

Reaction score
VTOK is one of the first apps people mentioned when the D3 first came out and everyone was upset about Google Talk on the phone. Its also a poorly coded application that stays in memory chugging along using CPU and battery long after you've forgotten you started it. Its darn near malware.

AileenFlannigan

Reaction score
Amazing, Pudding Camera!
You can enjoy Android Pudding camera app in English!
Pudding camera offers many kinds of camera, and kinds of film settings. You can use any combination of these options by FREE so enjoy many kinds of stylish photos with this Pudding Camera!

Features
• Combination of Camera & Films
• Exposure setting (-2.0~2.0)
• Support front facing camera (needs OS 2.3 version or above)
• Support tap anywhere to snap a pic.
• Support 3 kinds of file size (small:472px, medium:700px, large:1280px)
• Saving shooting mode
• Using location information
• Viewing photos by date
• Sharing with your photos via email, Twitter, Facebook, or me2day
• Auto saving into Pudding (Pudding is a web photo album serviced by Paran.)
• Creating an account of Pudding

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah, Vtok is ok while you're actually doing the video call but other than that it sucks. I just removed it cause it was killing my battery. I have the leaked update now and it has the correct version of Google Talk.

Fr33dom

Reaction score

Amazing, Pudding Camera!
You can enjoy Android Pudding camera app in English!
Pudding camera offers many kinds of camera, and kinds of film settings. You can use any combination of these options by FREE so enjoy many kinds of stylish photos with this Pudding Camera!

Features
• Combination of Camera & Films
• Exposure setting (-2.0~2.0)
• Support front facing camera (needs OS 2.3 version or above)
• Support tap anywhere to snap a pic.
• Support 3 kinds of file size (small:472px, medium:700px, large:1280px)
• Saving shooting mode
• Using location information
• Viewing photos by date
• Sharing with your photos via email, Twitter, Facebook, or me2day
• Auto saving into Pudding (Pudding is a web photo album serviced by Paran.)
• Creating an account of Pudding

Pudding camera is okay, but it is one of those applications where form is placed before function in the design. It is very slow to start up and the images don't seem that great at first blush. I am always a little suspicious of applications with weird names like Pudding Camera anyway so it may be a good fit for some folks, but if I have that much time to wait for my camera to start I may as well grab my SLR--if I brought it.

REMilk

Reaction score
I put the hacked version of Skype on both my wife's and my Droid 3. Works pretty good. A little more choppy than on the computer but more than acceptable to us. Your opinion most likely will differ.

KidCuda

Reaction score
The leaked Droid 3 update enables Google voice and video chat... just sayin'. I haven't had any problems either.

Reaction score
I've been using tango and it works with the front facing camera. On the side note, I also installed the leaked update cause I'm on the cricket network and won't receive ota and I gotta say its better than stock. Way better

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk