Found a simple way to upgrade to .901 with forever root

Reaction score
So I took things on my own and tried this out. [This was done on Windows 7, not sure about other systems]

First off download the Bionic Path Saver 1 Click Method
Bionic Path Saver 1-Click MethodRun the runme batch file with USB Debugging On, USB Mode to Charge Only, and Check on installing Unknown Sources
After everything is said and done and it tells you to install the OTA's .893 and .901, DON'T!!
When it sends you into Recovery, Just Reboot System
After that, go to the same Path Saver folder and click on runmebbb batch file
It'll be kind of the same but this time it'll root AND forever root during the whole process
When it tells you to install the OTA's, this time, do install them. .893 first IMMEDIATELY followed by .901

Voila :D [I'm not sure if you need to run the runme batch file but that's what I did so be safe then sorry. If you think just running the runmebbb file the first time, you can go ahead and try. Besides, you can always do it again.]

And btw, I didn't lose anything when doing this. Everything stayed the same.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
If you have the runmebbb, you don't need to run runme first. You can jump straight to runmebbb and keep root.

Slie

Reaction score
If im already forever rooted, on .893 can I just install ..901 without doing anything else?

cervri

Reaction score
where do you find the runmebbb file? I downloaded the Bionic Path Saver 1 Click Method and that file is not in it. Only the runme.bat file.:blink:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If im already forever rooted, on .893 can I just install ..901 without doing anything else?

Yes, if you've verified that you are forever rooted on .893 OTA, then just install the .901 OTA

Slie

Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying! I assumed but didn't want it to bite me. Also can I IT'S over a custome rom?

Slie

Reaction score
Stock rooted or custome

Yes, if you've verified that you are forever rooted on .893 OTA, then just install the .901 OTA

Can I install the .901 OTA over a custome rom or does it have to be a rooted stock?

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Reaction score
Started at 5.7
Ran the runmebbb script & lost root, but got to 5.5 again
re-rooted, but now when i try to apply the update893.zip in recovery, I get the following:

Verifying current system
assert failed: apply_patch_check(MTD:boot:838608:a3d...
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Stevet86

Reaction score
I followed this thread.....go to page 1 and see if that helps. I had no problems but I didn't go to .901

9qwer1

Reaction score
the BPS safe scripts link is down, and so is the script fix. Can't wait to do this, I'm doing this to upgrade to the Eclipse 2.1 dancedroid

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
So sorry to some of the people here. I just posted this topic in hopes of giving some users an easy way of upgrading to .901. I have no technical knowledge :frown: