Found 1 feature I liked better on BB then Droid X

dimples1333

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just received my Droid X so far I love it... However in my contacts list I was able to add a customized ring tone to each contact (I was able to do on the Droid X) and also a customized ring tone to each persons email address. So just by hearing my phone I could tell who was calling me, texting, or emailing... Has anyone ever heard of an app or configuring it within the Droid?

Thank you for your help in advance,
Lisa

its.mike

Reaction score
You can set differnt tones for texts with handcent. As for email I have no idea.

Sent from my DROIDX using my fingers and magic.

DeniseSays

Reaction score
Yeah, I know for ringtone and SMS you can use RingDroid.. but email..not sure if it would transfer over to that too or not. I had a BB and never noticed that it personalized email tones [but then again, I rarely use email to communicate w/ people in my contacts lol]

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can change each contacts' ringtone when you edit the contact. Scroll down and select the "additional" information. I assume that would be only for the ringtone however for calls...though it may carry through for text messages as well. Most likely not for emails.

Or are you asking for something completely different...meaning...you want to have one contact...with 3 different notification sounds?

So:
Contact Bob: Call ringtone 1
Text ringtone 2
Email ringtone 3

Contact Mary: Call ringtone 7
Text ringtone 8
Email ringtone 9

???

OP
D

dimples1333

Reaction score
Hi, Thank you all for your reply. I would like to be able to do either.

Contact John:
Call ring tone 2,
Email ring tone 2,
Text ring tone 2

OR

Contact Bob: Call ringtone 1
Text ringtone 2
Email ringtone 3

Contact Mary: Call ringtone 7
Text ringtone 8
Email ringtone 9