forwarding texts

midsouthracing

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing the obvious here, but when I go into the "Forward" option in text messaging on the Droid, and start typing a Contact's name, I don't get the matching drop down options.

Any suggestions?

- Ben

tblevinsmcp

Reaction score
Sometimes mine will show me a contact from the first few letters, and other times it only places the number equivalent under the To box. This is extremely annoying. This feature is on the most basic of phones for as far back as I can remember and that it's not on a $599.99 retail Droid is absolutely insane. You should be able to tap your To box and scroll through your contacts and check off any you wish to forward to.

MilanasMom

Reaction score
Forwarding Text -Mission Accomplished!!!

Okay, so...if you try to forward a text while the keyboard is exposed and the phone is horizontal, the "forward" option is not displayed when you hit the menu button.

Therefore, hide the keyboard, hold the phone vertically. Open the message and touch/hold the text of the message you would like to forward. The menu options will appear displaying "Lock message; call (number is displayed here), add to contacts; forward, copy message text (i'm still working through this one); or view message details.

select "forward" then begin to type the name of the contact you would like to forward to. A drop-down box will appear. You can select the contact you would like to forward to and presto...message forwarded.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

MM