forwarding texts

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by bigpiper223, Nov 21, 2009.

1. bigpiper223

bigpiper223 New Member

I for the life of me can not figure out how to forward a text to more than one person at a time. Please help
  2. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

The native message program at this time does not have a function to send to multiple people. To have that, you would need to download handcent or i think chompsms does that also (not 100% sure chomp is up to date for android 2.0)
  3. bigpiper223

bigpiper223 New Member

well thats retarted. Even free phones from 5 years ago had that on them. i will look at the apps.
  4. bigpiper223

bigpiper223 New Member

what handcent app do i need
  5. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

6. dargomike

dargomike New Member

multiple forward

Well on my droid if I press on the message, the message options come up, I press forward, and in the "To:" field, I can add multiple recipients.
  7. slammed

slammed New Member

+1, you can send a sms to multiple contacts
    in the To field it seperates the contacts by a "," then you just type the next contact......
  8. eversonsc

eversonsc New Member

I agree with Dargomike. I can send to multiple people I just click on the "to" area and can add all the people I want
  9. sfinchler

sfinchler New Member

But how come I can't use my contacts when forwarding? This is the same for forwarding emails too. The To: box allows me to type but if I want to forward the text or email I have to type in the address. That makes no sense to me at all. Does anyone think they'll fix that in the December patch?
  10. MrExtraordinare

MrExtraordinare New Member

I too am having issue with not being able to forward a TEXT message to an email address because it does not show up in the Contact list after clicking on the TO: field. It only showed mobile number.

Only way I can forward to email address is to manually type the address which I think is wrong. Why hasn't Handcent or ChompSMS include this functionality? Or even Messaging?

I should be able to forward to a mix of mobile number contacts and email addresses. I was able to do that on my LG ENV.

Do I regret owning the Droid, NOOOOO! I LOVE IT! Tons of free stuff! Lots of learning curves but still fun to explore and experiment.

If anyone has a solution or know of one, please let all of us Android-users know.

Thanks!
  11. spyder91

spyder91 New Member

A long press on the SMS you want to forward, then select Forward and you are brought to a new window in the Messaging app. From here if you start to type names a menu will drop down with the matching contacts. A comma will separate each, and you can keep choosing whomever you would like to forward to.

This works the same way in the Gmail app...click forward at the bottom of the message and type the first few letters of the contact in the address bar. The phone will auto-suggest your matching contacts. Comma separates multiples.

You can just copy and paste the text into an e-mail then add as many contacts as you would like. Follow the steps above. This would be an extremely simple workaround.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  12. mydgtsing

mydgtsing New Member

I totally agree that this is another major text messaging issue with the Droid. When you click on "To:", you should be able to choose contacts from your contact list...not have to manually type in each recipient. I have 240+ contacts. I can possibly remember EVERYONE's name in my contact list to type them in manually.

DROID developers, VERIZON, GOOGLE, MOTOROLA...are you listening? GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED!
  13. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

I am new to Droid, and I just thought I was still DROID-stupid on this matter. I am glad to see it isn't just me. I was typing the first couple letters to a contact's name and all it would show was the number equivelent of each letter.
  14. okeeffm

okeeffm New Member

Try the app Text Easy...it lets you checkmark multiple contacts from your contacts folder and then send them a message.
  15. bgdave

bgdave New Member

Maybe it's just me being a droid fanboy, but i find it easier to enter the first few letters of a contact name and select the auto-fill contact name. Once you do the first, just select the "To" box again and type the next name and select the auto-fill name after the first few letters are typed. To me this is easier than scrolling through 200 contacts looking for a name to check. To each his own though, to each his own.
  16. midsouthracing

midsouthracing New Member

Maybe I'm missing the obvious here, but when I go into the "Forward" option in text messaging on the Droid, and start typing a Contact's name, I don't get the matching drop down options.

Any suggestions?

- Ben
  17. tblevinsmcp

tblevinsmcp New Member

Sometimes mine will show me a contact from the first few letters, and other times it only places the number equivalent under the To box. This is extremely annoying. This feature is on the most basic of phones for as far back as I can remember and that it's not on a $599.99 retail Droid is absolutely insane. You should be able to tap your To box and scroll through your contacts and check off any you wish to forward to.
  18. MilanasMom

MilanasMom New Member

Forwarding Text -Mission Accomplished!!!

Okay, so...if you try to forward a text while the keyboard is exposed and the phone is horizontal, the "forward" option is not displayed when you hit the menu button.

Therefore, hide the keyboard, hold the phone vertically. Open the message and touch/hold the text of the message you would like to forward. The menu options will appear displaying "Lock message; call (number is displayed here), add to contacts; forward, copy message text (i'm still working through this one); or view message details.

select "forward" then begin to type the name of the contact you would like to forward to. A drop-down box will appear. You can select the contact you would like to forward to and presto...message forwarded.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

MM
Search tags for this page
android forward multiple text messages
android text messages received include previous texts
can i forward multiple text from my droid razr to email
can you forward more than one text at a time to another phon

forward multiple text messages android

forward multiple text messages in one email using htc rezoun
foward multiple texts at one time android htc
how can you email multiple texts from motorola razr