Forwarding Exchange Calendar Events

Fr33dom

Reaction score
On the stock ROM If I have a forwarded calendar event, you can download it using gmail and it ends up in my google calendar. With ICS (perhaps its the fault of gapps?) I see an attached file (smime.p7m) with INFO under it, but no download link for the event. There appears to be no way to load the event into the calendar.

Some relevant background. I am a contractor at a military installation and emails with attachments are automatically digitally signed (exchange DSET).

This really shouldn't be a matter of gmail's handling of the digital signature, but I am unsure what it is an issue of

Any idea why this works on stock and if there is something out there that makes this work?

Edited to clarify.

Last edited:
OP
F

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Some further details:

I've downloaded a couple apps that profess to allow one to import ICal files to the calendar. Neither sees the attachment and I assume that gmail is blocking the attachment because it cannot validate the signature file. Otherwise it would simply have two attachments, the SMIME and the ICAL and it wouldn't know how to deal with either of them. I never see the ICAL.

Under settings for the phone, in Security, there is a section for trusted certificates. DOD Class 3 root is pre-loaded in the trust list for stock, but missing for ICS. There doesn't appear to be any mechanism to add certificates to the trust list on my own.