Forum features question

cyber3d

Reaction score
Is there a way to how more than 25 posts per page when I do a "New Posts" search? I'd like 100 posts per page if I could.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, under User CP select the "edit options" on the left menu, then under 'Thread Display Options' the third box "Number of Posts to Show Per Page"

FYI this is the general setup for most vBulletin forums so it will be the same (or very similar, unless disabled by the Admins) on most Forums you'll come across (phpBB forums are similar but slightly different).

Last edited:
OP
cyber3d

cyber3d

Reaction score
Hmmmm, it hasn't worked.:( It still lists only the 25 at a time (default). Any other ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what your user CP looks like but mine only allows 40 per page maximum.

Just curious and you don't have to tell me, but is there a reason for wanting 100 displays per page?

OP
cyber3d

cyber3d

Reaction score
Yes, my CP shows 40 max posts per page. But, of course, the default is 25 posts per page.

Eventhough I set mine to 40, it still shows only 25. Do me a favor and try changing yours to 40 and tell me if it works. I'd appreciate it.

I am disabled and it hurts like hell to move my mouse repeatedly to find that next page thing.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
40 works fine for me. Make sure after selecting it you scroll to the bottom and select 'save settings.' You'll also need to reload any pages you're already viewing. But it's working on mine.

OP
cyber3d

cyber3d

Reaction score
This sucks. I tried uping the setting to 40 and tried using Firefox, on both MAC and PC and Safari and even on the Droid browser - none show more than 25 posts on a page. And yes, my settings are saved with 40 posts per page.

Oh, well, I will try to create a new account and see if that works.

Bichonbuddy

Reaction score
So, created a new DF account and now I can get 40 posts per page! :icon_ banana:

Bichonbuddy

Reaction score
DAMN DAMN DAMN. It's back to 25 fricken posts per page. WTF

If I can't get the change to stick I may as well go back to my old account name.