Former Iphone Users

windstrings

Reaction score
Thats not to say apple is struggling or anything they have a huge market hold but just imagine what they could do if they teamed up with verizon.

Maybe.. but we are spoiled now with open source and much looser restrictions.. it would be hard to go back to the schoolmaster now that we have more freedom.
Google is our new friend....He lets us play at the neighbors house and they party...:icon_ devil:

luvin_life

Reaction score
I have the droid (personal use) and the Iphone GS (work phone). Although I love the Droid, I have never had a problem with the Iphone. Honestly, I don't ever use all of the features of either phone.

For simplicity, I believe that the Iphone is better. The iphone is like the Nintendo Wii, not the best features but popular.

The Droid is like the Xbox, tons of features and great gaming.

To sum it up, I think that the market for the Droid is for more Tech types, where the iphone is for the modest phone/web user.

Last edited:

johnflo88

Reaction score
Thats not to say apple is struggling or anything they have a huge market hold but just imagine what they could do if they teamed up with verizon.

Maybe.. but we are spoiled now with open source and much looser restrictions.. it would be hard to go back to the schoolmaster now that we have more freedom.
Google is our new friend....He lets us play at the neighbors house and they party...:icon_ devil:
couldn't agree more! once you're used to control it's very to let go.

johnflo88

Reaction score
I have the droid (personal use) and the Iphone GS (work phone). Although I love the Droid, I have never had a problem with the Iphone. Honestly, I don't ever use all of the features of either phone.

For simplicity, I believe that the Iphone is better. The iphone is like the Nintendo Wii, not the best features but popular.

To sum it up, I think that the market for the Droid is for more Tech types, where the iphone is for the modest phone/web user.
agree accept for the Iphone for business part? The droid or BB. maybe.
Majority of businessmen use BB and majority 12 to 16 yrs old iphone for games. You must be business-child,LOL'
icon5.gif

windstrings

Reaction score
Majority of businessmen use BB and majority 12 to 16 yrs old iphone for games. You must be business-child,LOL'
icon5.gif

I used to agree with that idea... until my wife got a BB.
People that work and carry on business all day... also have lives away from work.

Those people that have their phones funded by the company still take their phones home and don't buy separate plans just for use at home but rather use the same phone for both.

Plus,... think if the hassle of having all the contacts you needed on two different phones and keeping them sync'd with each other?

With that being said.... although its frowned upon to take lots of cool pics for fun at work, or play games, or read news, browse the web or shop, or use cool tracking and all the other thousands of apps that are not directly related to the job, those same people still long for the same fun we all enjoy when they go home.

Yes, my wife uses her BB for business, but aside from an occasional pic of a cooworker uses it strictly for business "until" she gets home... then its time for facebook, and all the other relaxing fun things these phones offer.

I think the very same things happen with company cars..... ,.do we get a car that strictly serves the needs of the business, or do you also get that cool DVD player and CD other amenities that serve our family away from work too?

I for one see it as silly to assume someone should buy their own plan just for use at home if the business already provides one for business.

The more Blackberry assumes no one wants a nice camera on their pda "you couldn't find one 2 years ago" the more they are missing todays market and getting left in the dust.

By the same token... there are many of us who do not get our phone paid for by our work, yet we all want the helps and aids that allow us to do our job efficiently as well as expand our personal fun when we get home.

We all want some means to back up our contacts to and be able to work on them with a computer and/or our phones and have them sync.

Lets face it.. todays market wants both... one or the other just won't cut it anymore.

Back in the day when this technology was new, things were different.

Once upon a time.. only business and government used gps location apps...... not anymore!

johnflo88

Reaction score
you're lucky dude, you have 2 iPhones. i'm trying to sell mines now, lol/
What lucky! I did not get it for free.I should have sold it last year and got more for it like my friend did. Now,the iphones novelties are wearing off and people are getting to know the limitation of the iphone.They're selling them in drove. Hopefully, when I put my on E-bay some parents will buy it for their 12yrs old. :mad:

bacalao

Reaction score
icon5.gif

I used to agree with that idea... until my wife got a BB.
People that work and carry on business all day... also have lives away from work.

Those people that have their phones funded by the company still take their phones home and don't buy separate plans just for use at home but rather use the same phone for both.

Plus,... think if the hassle of having all the contacts you needed on two different phones and keeping them sync'd with each other?

With that being said.... although its frowned upon to take lots of cool pics for fun at work, or play games, or read news, browse the web or shop, or use cool tracking and all the other thousands of apps that are not directly related to the job, those same people still long for the same fun we all enjoy when they go home.

Yes, my wife uses her BB for business, but aside from an occasional pic of a cooworker uses it strictly for business "until" she gets home... then its time for facebook, and all the other relaxing fun things these phones offer.

I think the very same things happen with company cars..... ,.do we get a car that strictly serves the needs of the business, or do you also get that cool DVD player and CD other amenities that serve our family away from work too?

I for one see it as silly to assume someone should buy their own plan just for use at home if the business already provides one for business.

The more Blackberry assumes no one wants a nice camera on their pda "you couldn't find one 2 years ago" the more they are missing todays market and getting left in the dust.

By the same token... there are many of us who do not get our phone paid for by our work, yet we all want the helps and aids that allow us to do our job efficiently as well as expand our personal fun when we get home.

We all want some means to back up our contacts to and be able to work on them with a computer and/or our phones and have them sync.

Lets face it.. todays market wants both... one or the other just won't cut it anymore.

Back in the day when this technology was new, things were different.

Once upon a time.. only business and government used gps location apps...... not anymore!

RIM took the camera out for the businesses and government agencies that have sensitive stuff and don't want the employees taking pictures. Is that what you meant by "..blackberry assumes no one wants a nice camera on their pda.." ? You know, I feel like my pictures came out better on the storm, but I think with a couple of updates the Droid will leave it in the dust.

windstrings

Reaction score
RIM took the camera out for the businesses and government agencies that have sensitive stuff and don't want the employees taking pictures. Is that what you meant by "..blackberry assumes no one wants a nice camera on their pda.." ? You know, I feel like my pictures came out better on the storm, but I think with a couple of updates the Droid will leave it in the dust.
True, and because of that.. texting pictures is out too...

I guess we are in the transitional stage between phones and personal hand held computers.

While at the present its pretty fuzzy where each phone lies in between those two hemispheres, and some will always only want a phone to be a phone, a vast majority of the market share will want to interface with the web and all it offers....

Heck.. if the web went down.. I wouldn't know what to do with my phone..... just make phonecalls?... nonsense! :)

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
haha the internet part is what most of the argument is between the iphone and droid. If the internet went down you would have to throw away the iphone because we all know the phone part is pretty shady. I guess it would become an expensive itouch lol.

johnflo88

Reaction score
ty lol, wonder if apple's gonna release something to kill the droid though =\
apple sauce,LOL' I am so bored of hearing, apple,apple.
I still got my 2 iphone 3Gs to get rid of.Please no more apple and I am here for the Droid. :mad:

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I Kind of like this thread. I started it because of my itouch. I was really hoping for an iphone. However reading about the two phone comparisons has really shown me the light lol. January 5th(the day I can upgrade with new every 2) cant come fast enough.

luvin_life

Reaction score

agree accept for the Iphone for business part? The droid or BB. maybe.
icon5.gif

Actually, I'm a CPA and work for a major corporation. Just offering my opinion.

johnflo88

Reaction score
I Kind of like this thread. I started it because of my itouch. I was really hoping for an iphone. However reading about the two phone comparisons has really shown me the light lol. January 5th(the day I can upgrade with new every 2) cant come fast enough.
I know the feeling and my Milestone is in early 2010. In the meantime, I am learning how to switch between the 2 iphone 3Gs to do multi-tasking,no! still can't,LOL' Wondering I am delusional or the Iphones? :mad:
Droid,you're 1 contagious device! look what you have done to the Iphones and me? :icon_ devil:

aristo1963

Reaction score
I would bet with a Jan 5 ne2 that if you walked into your local vz store,they would easily allow you your upgrade now.

Of course I could be wrong lol :motdroidhoriz:

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
They will allow me to upgrade right now but I have to wait till the 5th to get my 100 dollar new every 2 discount. It would be 99 after everything instead of 199. As much as I want the droid for Christmas I will wait the extra 10 days.